ADVERTISEMENT

8-23

Duquesne has 12 guys who average at least 12 minutes a game... Not sure I remember seeing something like that very often. We should have a height advantage on them, as we do with most tesms.

Their two starting guards are 6'2" and 6'3" and are their two leading scorers, similar to GW. Grant (#3) is a really good three-point shooter who we need to contain. He's had some ridiculous shooting games but some bad ones, too. Seems like the defensive gameplan should be pretty similar to the GW game. I'll be curious if Goose starts on Grant or Clark (a VCU transfer).

Reactions: VT4700
23 is back on game thread duty, let’s hope it works.

Duquesne - 62
Spiders - 74
I’m sorry we aren’t 11-4.

I have not seen us lose in person this season.
My car died as I left for Wichita St, so saw it on TV.

If only I had attended that one, plus Williamsburg & Fairfax. 11-4! 🤣

Reactions: urfan1
Duquense, like the state of Iowa and Fordham have been good to the Spiders over the years. Probably close to 50 of Mooneys wins are against those programs.

If we get VCU Tre Clark I feel good about our chances. If we get the Tre Clark that played against VCU the other night we will have our hands full, hopefully the crowd can help out in a close game like that.

No slow start.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
I’m sorry we aren’t 11-4.

I have not seen us lose in person this season.
My car died as I left for Wichita St, so saw it on TV.

If only I had attended that one, plus Williamsburg & Fairfax. 11-4! 🤣
I am still underwater in person .. 6-7 - my streak of seeing all of our captivating road games ends will likely end on Wednesday unless I feel so inspired to make the drive to Davidson.

Don't like this game. Burton scores 28, but the rest of the team lays an egg.

Duquesne - 77
UR - 62

Duquesne is improved this year and we are down.

But beating Duquesne is just something that we do, you can almost set your watch by it. And especially with this being a home game not away, I say Spiders win this one by 8-10.

Where Duquesne is Strong:
  • Offensive Rating: 110.1 (59th in the Country) --> They throw up a lot of shots, and it's worked for them so far this season. Look to see them shoot pretty early in the shot clock.
  • 3 Point Percentage: 37.1% (59th in the Country) --> Watch out for their top scorer Dae Dae Grant and R.J. Gunn who take a lot of 3's (12 attempts combined per game) and they make 43% of them.
  • Offensive Rebounds: 13.8 per game (8th in the country) --> Duquesne is a beast on the boards on the offensive end, due to their large number of attempts. They are not as strong rebounding on the Defensive end, however.

Where Duquesne is Weak:
  • 2 Point Percentage: 48.4% (276th in the Country --> For all the shots they put up, they're not very convincing from inside the arc. Look for the Spiders to try to shut down the perimeter early.
  • Free Throw Percentage: 68.3% (268th in the Country) --> They don't get to the line that often, and when they do they're not very efficient. Combined with the 2 Point Percentage, keeping them inside the arc is critical, even if we commit more fouls.
  • Turnovers per Game: 11.7 (292nd in the Country) --> Duquesne are a bit careless with the basketball, they're a wild offense, that's both exciting, but error prone. Let's hope we see 12+ turnovers at the RC tonight.
  • Defensive Rating: 102.6 (265th in the Country) --> Like GW, exciting offense, not so great defense.

I think we're playing a similar team to GW tonight, albeit without a true star. Their talent is a bit more spread out, which can be problematic. Hopefully Goose can shut down Grant and we control the pace of the game from the outset. Duquesne will try their best to not let that happen.

Clark is a dirty trash player. Like a VCU player.

Last edited:
Games is already over. 8 mins to go in first half. Loser Mooney calling a timeout way to late again. *uck!!!

Don't like this game. Burton scores 28, but the rest of the team lays an egg.

Duquesne - 77
UR - 62
So far looking insightful. But the score might be closer to 107 to 62 however it's early and we haven't made our fall short comeback yet.

So far looking insightful. But the score might be closer to 107 to 62 however it's early and we haven't made our fall short comeback yet.
Agree. Duquesne has just not missed. Some of that is them being hot handed, and some of it is just poor defense on our part. O/U Duquesne for the game. 92.5?

Did anyone get a good look on how Tyler got hurt - did he slam into the video cameras

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT