ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Charleston Southern

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

my favorite comments of the week were Coach Huesman lamenting that neither QB could succeed unless everyone playing around them plays better....that call for improvement should include the defensive players who had a tough time stopping the Terriers when we needed it the most and the special teams...

Huesman also used the word "explosive several times when talking about the Buccaneers offense...

I hope our players, coaches and support staff all answer Huesman's call for better play Saturday.... I expect a battle that will require a much better Richmond team than we've seen games one and two...

enjoy the Prologue

Go Spiders!

I really like RB King and his speed and shiftiness. Could be a great option on pass plays.
Thought Snellshire looked sharp as backup.

Reactions: urfan1
If Wickersham had foot quickness(elusiveness )to throw from outside the pocket
while on the edge he would be able to see more of the field to throw to open receivers.His receivers could also create much more separation from the DBs.
I totally agree. Even if he got the ball out faster would be an upgrade. He’s killing himself and
us by not “throwing the damn ball”. I guess he’s afraid of interceptions.

Reactions: DTSpider
Always nice to get a win. I was very critical of the team and coaches after the Wofford game and I'll give them their flowers after an easy W. Playing with the lead suits this offense (Basically true for every offense but us particularly with Wickersham at QB). I don't feel great yet about where we are if we have to throw the ball but we do look to have some good young RBs to establish the run along with Kyle. Two winnable road games coming up before we host NC A&T and then get a bye before hosting Delaware. Will be interesting to see if we can capture some momentum similar to last year. Once again we have a very manageable schedule but once again have left ourselves a thin margin of error.

I am interested to see how the QB situation is handled at Deleware State. It appeared that Kyle had more going on with his lower leg/calf than a cramp when he left the game. Does Kyle try to play through the issue and possibly aggravate it more or heal completely and be ready for ELON? Does the staff sit Kyle out to heal and open the door for Cam to get a full game or does Snellshire get the start to save one of Cam’s 3 remaining games if that agreement is in place? Time will tell as the week goes on. I hope if Kyle is not completely healthy that Cam will get a full game to work with the offense then the staff can make a decision on the best option to start conference play.

Reactions: DTSpider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT