ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Presidential Election

Understand many detest everything Trump, wondering if you will still take the kids or grandkids to McDonalds? :rolleyes:
I'm a Chick-fil-A person myself, but I've got nothing against McDonalds just because they let Trump have a photo op there. I'll gladly take my grandchildren there if that's where they want to go.

Detest everything Trump? I guess you are okay with his Arnold Palmer comments and his repeated statements that he will go after his political opponents.

This is the funniest of all comments after a NY Times article about polling averages. How many of you are physically ill, because of the fear you have that Trump will win? Migraines over an election, anyone? If you are in that deep, stop drinking the kool-aid and drink some bourbon.

It seems that even people who hate Trump just can't bring themselves to vote for a Democrat so it's hard to see how this ends well. The sinking reality of this is making me physically ill as I get migraines when I am stressed. It's impossible not to care about someting so important.

Last edited:
These comments are a riot. This is what happens when one only reads the NYTimes.

Good sign we voters are stressing out. And I think most of us who are really worried, anxious, and stressing are Democrats

Following this election is becoming detrimental to my mental health

The Harris campaign is putting out concerns of the possibility that the three Midwest battleground states might not vote as a bloc for her. Even if she wins Pennsylvania, they risk losing Wisconsin and or Michigan to Trump

I was calm-ish until I started reading this article. I had to stop midway (more tiresome & unhelpful polling "theory"), so I jumped to the comments, looking for the usual insightful NYT reader thoughts). They stressed me out!

How can people get themselves so wound up about a federal election when 99% of the decisions which impact your daily life are made at the state or local level?

Can I get wound up about it? American presidential actions have consequences that reach far beyond the 50 states and I think I have a right to be worried about the thought.

Our sense is it's the democrats afflicted with the schizophrenia of fearing the election and craving news about it. Our Republican friends exhibit a healthy insouciance about it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT