ADVERTISEMENT

2024 FCS Preseason Top 25 Hero:Top 25(the analyst)

Maine up 28–0 on Villanova before the half. 😳

Fumbled kickoff return set up a short field, blocked FG returned for TD, and then another fumble deep in ‘Nova’s own end for another easy score.

Absurd...Spiders unchanged in STATS at #18. Up two spots to #13 in coaches.

still to low, to much mid-west, west coast bias as of late

what does ags say?
Just info to add to the rankings on AGS that 32 posted.
Spiders only moved up one spot with a strong win while at the same time only 3 teams ahead of them lost
#1 SDSU to #3 NDSU 13-9 I believe was the final score, they exchanged spots in the poll.
#5 Nova dropped to 15
#7 Mercer dropped to 12

One of the Hen's fans that is a regular there questioned Spiders only moving up 1 spot after defeating an
undefeated team that if able to be ranked would surely have been at least top 10.
Some of the voters post the polls there and at least three did vote Spider victory as the most significant win of the week, but the NDSU victory over #1 won out on that. The Nova loss however did take top billing as most significant loss of the week.

Excepting the CAA fans there, none of them for the most part have access to Flo Sports, so they have only records of CAA teams to go by, then looking at quality wins and bad losses I would guess.

Just my opinion, but Spiders need Towson and W&M to only loss one more game each this year and Spiders need to give them those loses.

JMO, but watch Monmouth, they have pretty much the top half of CAA standings left, and they have a high-powered offense (they average 40+ per game), but not much defense. They scored 35 versus Delaware but gave up 42.
Towson
Rhode Island
UNH
Nova
Stony Brook

Herder liked our win this weekend...moved us from second team out of the field last week all the way up to the CAA autobid and the #10 seed. Has us hosting Duquesne for a shot at 7-seed South Dakota in his mock bracket.

Long way to go though!

Spiders only had 52 scholarship players for Delaware game, and they were able to replace their injuries if I understand this correctly up to 63 total.
Makes the win even more special.

I doubt many of the voters in many polls are aware of Delaware getting to play all 75 they have on scholarship this year in conference play as long as they only bring 63 any given week. I suspect they are trying to redshirt as many as they can, so probably moving some of them in and out, week to week.

Spiders have beaten them now, but if they are playing 63 every week, the teams in playoff contention that have them left will surely have injuries of their own and could be shorthanded.

I have concerns about the ones that went out against Delaware being able to go this week.

Edit: Just saw two deep on the other thread and if right it looks about the same, except Spiders get Thaos Figaro back at DE, which is excellent news.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT