ADVERTISEMENT

2022–23 Schedule Updates

Nice, the schedule is on there too:

2:00PM: South Carolina vs. East Carolina
4:30PM: Furman vs. Stephen F. Austin
7:00PM: Clemson vs. Richmond

Reactions: urfan1
Season ticket sales going well, and the link to buy tickets in the article even works this time!

Anyone know when they are emailing out the mobile tickets? I got mine last year by this date.

Season ticket sales going well, and the link to buy tickets in the article even works this time!

🤣Just think how much better it would be going if the link had been working before two days ago!

This ranking has Drake and Cuse as 59 and 60.

Drake highest ooc opponent unless we play the Johnnies, according to these rankings. 5 ooc teams total in top 100. 5 A10 teams too, with the goo moos being the 5th. Like some others he's pretty high on VCU too.

Hey we got preseason kenpom.

Decent quick look at our OOC schedule by JOC. Nice to see preseason predictions for the opponents all in one place.

Good analysis - from this, we need to hope teams like Wichita State, Charleston, and Northern Iowa do better than expected.

Then if Drake and Toledo can win their leagues - our numbers will look pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.

And of course - we need to win some games as well - its great we are playing Clemson and in Empire Classic and we got Drake at home. But those games mean nothing if you don't win some of them.

Not a terrible schedule - but one that is built on potential. We need mid-major middle of the road teams (Wichita, Charleston, and Northern Iowa) do finish near the top of their leagues and not the predicted middle or near bottom.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
If anyone else has tix for next Saturday’s game at W&M seems time and been changed from 2pm to 7pm since their fb playoff game is at 2.

yeah, we used to have to play 300+ rpi teams to get good games in a tournament.
now we schedule 300+ NET teams just for the heck of it.
Thank goodness we scheduled some of those in the next few weeks. It's possible we could back to .500, yes?

The best performance I ever saw in the Robins Center was from a W&M player. Maybe 2015? I think his name was Marcus Thornton and he lit us up. I remember looking at my friend and just knowing we were seeing something special

The best performance I ever saw in the Robins Center was from a W&M player. Maybe 2015? I think his name was Marcus Thornton and he lit us up. I remember looking at my friend and just knowing we were seeing something special
37 points in a 1 point loss for W&M?

45th pick in the draft by the Celtics…

Gilly's A-10 assist record is as good as toast. Yuri's averaging 11.6 this season and had 20 last night. He only needs 135 more to catch Gilly, and he's going to do it in four seasons including the shortened COVID one.

Yeah but how many points did he have?? :)
Dude's gotta figure out how to get credit for assisting himself.

He didn't assist on only 12 of their 32 buckets. Out of those 12, one was a coast-to-coast steal by Parker, Perkins and Okoro had offensive board putbacks, and SLU had two buckets in the final two minutes after Yuri was taken out of the game.

• Wow
Reactions: gospidersgo
JOC article today on Longwood's struggles putting together an OOC schedule when in-state teams won't play them. Reminded me of the debate over whether we should play them before we filled our schedule gap with Wichita.

FWIW, Longwood is currently #111 NET, while Wichita is #133. Yes, I know Wichita spanked Longwood when they played and conference SOS will greatly favor Wichita over the remainder of the season, but still thought their current rankings were interesting. And of course we lost our game anyway.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Their OOC Wins are not impressive, but I got a feeling they will be at the top of the Big South. With the amount of transfers they bring in - they have a recipe in line for success to win that league or give themselves a good shot to win the league tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT