ADVERTISEMENT

$10 million gift

I had long assumed it was included in the progress-to-date totals for the campaign, but apparently not. It and other gifts have now pushed the total to $137 million of the $150 million goal.

Still not sure what happened with us having to go with this mini-campaign, but glad to see we should be able to fund some of these priorities.

If you're coming in from the apartments, as you approach the "T" intersection at the back of the science center, it will be on that corner at the left. Commuter parking lot is currently on the right. They'll be changing that intersection so it will curve smoothly off to the right rather than having to stop at a T...that's part of an effort to discourage vehicular traffic through the hearts of the campus, so less emphasis on vehicles heading left into Westhampton College roads.

And the admission building won't be alone...the new upperclass apartments are going in across the street and just south of there.

A couple of images of the new buildings on "South Campus"

Quealy Admission Complex
943572_10151548642030758_1958653081_n.jpg

Admission / Career Center Quad
943669_10151548641875758_11330318_n.jpg

Apartments across the street on Intramural Field

946928_10151548641630758_507292494_n.jpg

aren't they always? the new apt complex looks almost more dorm like as compared to the current apt clusters.

Well, that was the intention...higher density apartments to free up space on campus and offer a more modern living experience. I can't remember exact details on the units, but they'll be apartments, not dorm rooms. And no more sharing a bedroom.

Ulla - those student days are alas but memories - good ones of course - for you and me and the large majority of posters on this board. I remember well the advice a neighbor gave me as I was leaving for college - enjoy it - because it will be the best four years of your life. Now that statement may be open for discussion but the college years were great ones!

Web - I actually thought about you when I was posting that and your student life being interrupted by Army service but give you credit for coming back and getting the degree. Thought about it as in posting something to the effect of 4 years for most students.............

was blessed too have more college life before settling down. saw guys at the old caa tourney wearing tee shirts with EAST CAROLINA, THE BEST EIGHT YEARS OF MY LIFE on them, ain't that the truth......

Yes but have to admit high school was great fun as well ........................ Now I have to set a good example for the grandsons since we spend a lot of time hanging out together................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT