ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham

I'll take it. Great FT defense, Cline has continued to play hard. Good execution. Felt like we were waiting too long to start our offense. Fore started with 4 seconds on the shot clock. On the other end, absolutely no defense from Fordham - letting us burn the entire shot clock and then get layups. Nice execution.

Best effort of the season so far.

Fore's best game as a spider. 6pts 7reb, and 12 assists. If he adopted this line nightly we could not lose.
I loved seeing Buck confidently knock down the 3's in the 1H.
Cline and Jones did not force action through them because of how well the team was playing. This is the sign of 2 senior leaders.

Wood and Sherod played solid as marksman. JJ was everywhere on def. Kwesi gave us a few solid minutes.

Best team defense all year. 5 in a row from here on and we dance in March!

What is our record against Fordham the last 3-4 years? I know we're 5-0 against them these pst two years. We are to them what GMU is to us.

As predicted by me, Wood had a monster game.

Ok, not really, but hey, three three-pointers!

Buck had a great game. What I like is he's found his stroke as of late. Kind of reminds us of mid season.

Another observation - he adapts his playing to the opponent. One game he's ripping up inside, dominating on the boards, and tremendously creating plays on defense. In a game like today he's shooting 3's.

Shows how versatile he is - a complete player with all around skills.

I'll take it. Great FT defense, Cline has continued to play hard. Good execution. Felt like we were waiting too long to start our offense. Fore started with 4 seconds on the shot clock. On the other end, absolutely no defense from Fordham - letting us burn the entire shot clock and then get layups. Nice execution.
Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a "FT defense?"

Agree with Ulla1 that the coaches do deserve some credit in this game. They brought in the front-line subs when the score was roughly tied and the subs surprised everyone and generated roughly a 5-point lead while our starters took a break. That worked out perfectly. If our starters continue to play like they did today, and our subs are able to keep the score pretty even (like the exceeded today) then we will be tough to beat and can certainly win the next 3-5 games. What I was most impressed with today is that we totally stayed out of foul trouble, and I even saw TJ intentionally letting a guy score rather than picking up the foul. That was likely a smart move by both one of our senior leaders and the coaching staff.
This was our best overall game of the season, and I like the timing. The intensity and effort were both totally there, at least for long stretches. Hope we can continue this "roll" through the A-10 tourney. Would love to see this team get a good shot at post-season action, since the seniors deserve to play a few extra games, and we (the fans) deserve to see TJ and Buck passing to each other for as many games as possible!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT