ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham

Marley 13, Thanks for your question, above. I will answer your question with a question.
Would you rather TJ lets a guy score and he (TJ) stays in the game or would you rather he plays great defense, gets called for a foul, and gets yanked out? Sometimes the best (smarter) defense is to let the guy score. If others on the board disagree with this suggestion, I am confident they will chime in and say so....

Reactions: bullfrog91
We all know what our offense looks like when TJ is not on the floor. With our lack of bigs and his importance to the offensive flow, he has to play some olé defense to avoid picking up fouls so he can stay out there.

It's a necessary trade-off that is most certainly part of our game plan. We try to deny the pass into the post as much as we can, and if the guy ends up with too good of position or you have a driver with a lane to the basket, TJ has to be careful and at times offer only token resistance.

Interesting strategy to play box and one on Cline and not let offense run through him.
With TJ dragging a man out of the zone it opened middle up for cutters and open outside
looks for kick outs. Give Buck, Wood and Fore credit for taking good open shots
and actually hitting them.

I thought the last 7 minutes of Davidson game and this game, we have played our best
defense of the year with especially limiting drives to the basket and taking away second
chances. Fordham was pressured on most 3s attempts and we did not let them get in
rhythm after first 10 minutes of the game. I hope this game gave MW some much needed
confidence.

Refs finally doing their job on two teams that foul all the time.

They must not have been refs that call their games much. They must not have gotten the memo that these two teams are allowed to hack, maul, and violate the other guy.

Was out and didn't see game but great for Spiders to get up on an inferior team early and keep them there the entire game.
Certainly "inferior", best in conference wins: vcu, Rhode Island and @Davidson. Neither our coaches nor our players deserve any credit for this lackluster victory. ;)

Certainly "inferior", best in conference wins: vcu, Rhode Island and @Davidson. Neither our coaches nor our players deserve any credit for this lackluster victory.
Fordham has some nice conference wins but let's be real, they are still Fordham.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Fordham has some nice conference wins but let's be real, they are still Fordham.

When they were here earlier this year I thought they were the worst team I saw all year....for the first half. A team that can beat URI and VCU in the same year is a dangerous team, you just don't know what team you're going to get (much like URI).

If you can't handle their pressure, then they are equal to a lot of teams. If you do, then they are "Fordham"...

Interesting strategy to play box and one on Cline and not let offense run through him.
With TJ dragging a man out of the zone it opened middle up for cutters and open outside
looks for kick outs. Give Buck, Wood and Fore credit for taking good open shots
and actually hitting them.

I thought the last 7 minutes of Davidson game and this game, we have played our best
defense of the year with especially limiting drives to the basket and taking away second
chances. Fordham was pressured on most 3s attempts and we did not let them get in
rhythm after first 10 minutes of the game. I hope this game gave MW some much needed
confidence.

I think Sherod is good short base line against zone because he has is shooter and has good touch around basket. He knows how to be open and move to good position to score

Agree about Sherod. He is very smart and decisive when the opportunity presents, seems adept at moving to the open space and is a good sized target.
Sherod will be stronger and more assertive on offense next year. He is a natural scorer.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT