ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham

URSpider95

Rookie
Mar 9, 2013
Which Fordham team we will see? The one that has won three in a row (at URI, SLU, at DUQ) and beat VCU in mid-January. Or the one that has lost at 5 of 7 conference home games? I think it will come down to how well we shoot. Fordham doesn't score a lot of points (3 of past 5 games under 55) but does play good defense. Small gym, oldest on-campus venue currently in use by a NCAA Division 1 basketball team.

Chartouny has missed the last 2 games with a sick relative. Didn't matter against SLU & DUQ, but might against us and he might return.

This game was the one of our final four that worried me the most. We can win it, and we do seem to have Fordham's number, but it won't come easily.

Does Marshall Wood catch fire again Saturday like he did up there last year??

Reactions: urfan1
This game was the one of our final four that worried me the most. We can win it, and we do seem to have Fordham's number, but it won't come easily.

I can answer that last question. No.

Reactions: Hanca
Don't sell Marshall short.......NS or JJ have a sweet stroke on the 3 ball so all 3 could come up with some good points.....but Fordham can be a tough place to play so may well be a down to the wire game...........................

This game and Davidson were the 2 of 4 that concerened me. We've played much better in conference on the road this year & hope it continues. Seeding & double bye on the line.

I doubt MW catches fire because it seems at this point Mooney is really limiting his time as a few minute fill in. The only way that happens is if MW hits shots early and makes a few in a row. Then he'll get more minutes.

It's difficult to know whether we want the 3rd seed or 4th seed at this point. I want the best matchup, which could actually result from losing one of these last three games to drop us to fourth. Guess we just have to hope for the best regardless and control what we can.

It's difficult to know whether we want the 3rd seed or 4th seed at this point. I want the best matchup, which could actually result from losing one of these last three games to drop us to fourth. Guess we just have to hope for the best regardless and control what we can.
Just win, period!

Just win, period!
I agree we still need to win our next three, not getting a top 4 seed is still possible and with our lack of bench strength that is a far worse situation than whether we're 3 or 4.

Now when we win and SB loses, I'd consider resting players some.

I don't know if a strong run at the end of the season or tournament would help us get in the NIT or is it too late?

I could still see us being left out of the NIT, so just win! Give ourselves the best chance possible. What I really want is the NCAA, but I most do not want to be left on the sidelines again.

I'm not really advocating for us to lose, just saying that I'd rather not finish third and then have to play Mason if they get the sixth seed, for example. Clearly we can't beat them, so I'd like to avoid them however we can. We need a break or two to win this thing, so I'm hoping we get one.

Mooney has had a master plan for beating Mason all year. He's just been keeping it secret so he can unveil it in the A-10 tournament when it really matters.

Mooney has had a master plan for beating Mason all year. He's just been keeping it secret so he can unveil it in the A-10 tournament when it really matters.

And it is called Paul Freindshuh... It makes perfect sense. Give GMU a false sense of security by constantly losing to their ostensibly worse teams over a 3 year period, hide our best player all season long, then unleash the beast during the GMU game in the A10 tournament and get a dominant win that starts a run which takes us all the way to the NCAA championship. Mooney's genius is finally coming to light.

And it is called Paul Freindshuh... It makes perfect sense. Give GMU a false sense of security by constantly losing to their ostensibly worse teams over a 3 year period, hide our best player all season long, then unleash the beast during the A10 tournament and get a dominant win that starts a run which takes us all the way to the NCAA championship. Mooney's genius is finally coming to light.
If this plan involves slipping Friendshuh an opioid/steroid concoction just before gametime, then watching him brutally injure 3 or 4 of Mason's best players in a drug-induced rampage, it might work. Otherwise, not so much.

Reactions: wr70beh
If this plan involves slipping Friendshuh an opioid/steroid concoction just before gametime, then watching him brutally injure 3 or 4 of Mason's best players in a drug-induced rampage, it might work. Otherwise, not so much.
I think you are on to something here.

And it is called Paul Freindshuh... It makes perfect sense. Give GMU a false sense of security by constantly losing to their ostensibly worse teams over a 3 year period, hide our best player all season long, then unleash the beast during the GMU game in the A10 tournament and get a dominant win that starts a run which takes us all the way to the NCAA championship. Mooney's genius is finally coming to light.

Good sign - particularly since I had the opportunity at the Davidson game to talk with his equally tall younger brother who was in attendance. It was easy to identify him as he had FRIENDSHUH across the back of his hooded sweatshirt.

This post just made me bust out laughing in the middle of class. That was a good one!

A trap game is typically one you assume you'll win while looking ahead to a more difficult game. I don't think either condition applies. This is the most challenging game left on our schedule. It also happens to be the next game on our schedule.

Arranged 15 folks for game and pregame.Will be in Sec 112.You'll hear us for sure.

Our team is completely different from last year.JJ and Fore hardly played and didn't score
last year v Fordham in the Bronx.

2016 UR at Fordham:

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/4344606.pdf?

Have fun 32. First game I have missed at Fordham in several years, my sons have a high school playoff game in CT today. May be a little more enjoyable for Hovde if he is at the game :). Let's get this W. Big one today.

Seven minutes in and we havent gotten TJ the ball anywhere near the basket. Gotta have plays to get him the ball.

Reactions: SpiderK
Hmmm, maybe Wood sees the basket better in this gym. Maybe he should have transferred to Fordham from VT? He would have been all A-10!

Surprised we would rest 4 of our 5 starters at the same time. Worked out pretty good though. They played hard and Wood hitting shots.

They did say the sight lines in this gym are great for shooters.

I like our d so far, very active hands. Six of their points came on 2 wild 3's. Offensively I'm not seeing much fluidity or ball movement so far. Need Cline to get involved.

5-8 from three...
Looks like we might fill them full of Buck shot...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT