ADVERTISEMENT

Cool

Not uncommon for vcu to lose a player to transfer. But they replace them w good players consistently. Ones good enough to make it 8 of 9 NCAAs next season or whatever it will be. And they’ll fill this 1 ship this year before we fill our 2-3.

Not. Cool.

Quite honestly I never thought Mobley was that good anyway. Don’t know why he was a starter for them (admittedly I didn’t watch VCU except for a few times last year).

nice note he wrote.
I'm interested in the wording though. "after weighing the many factors that are involved in the numerous ways of how the game of basketball is played, ...".
I guess he's saying his skillset doesn't fit VCU's style? I know he doesn't put up stats, but he's playing a lot and the team wins.

VCU fans seem to like him but I never thought he lived near up to the hype when he signed.

I loved the guy. Super smart. Great passer. Great at knowing where the other guys would be on the court.

But he was recruited by Wade to play a different style. While he seemed to "fit" OK, I think we are going after a different type player with Mike.

Most VCU fans hate to see him go because he was such a great kid. Everyone likes him. My guess is that he will find the right fit and we will see him contributing big to some other program. Sort of like a few others have done that left us. I just loved watching Doughty playing for Auburn this year.

And my guess is that they already have someone they are after to replace him. We usually have more recruits that want to come than spots for them.

Reactions: Ram Bal
I loved the guy. Super smart. Great passer. Great at knowing where the other guys would be on the court.

But he was recruited by Wade to play a different style. While he seemed to "fit" OK, I think we are going after a different type player with Mike.

Most VCU fans hate to see him go because he was such a great kid. Everyone likes him. My guess is that he will find the right fit and we will see him contributing big to some other program. Sort of like a few others have done that left us. I just loved watching Doughty playing for Auburn this year.

And my guess is that they already have someone they are after to replace him. We usually have more recruits that want to come than spots for them.
I enjoyed watching Doughty foolishly foul Guy to hand the semi final to Virginia. Did he learn the flying Dutchman defensive technique at VCU?

The Auburn MBB roster site has his high school listed as VCU. Hilarious!

Last edited:

In case anyone needs a reminder why VCU is so loathed on here, see Exhibit A. I actually like most of their players and Rhoades as well, but some of their fans are just insufferable.

Also as KE spider said, Doughty literally lost a Final Four game for Auburn. I enjoyed watching him play as well. Whatever he did at Auburn, his career will be remembered by that one play.

Quite honestly I never thought Mobley was that good anyway. Don’t know why he was a starter for them (admittedly I didn’t watch VCU except for a few times last year).
You are correct, he wasn’t that good. Sounds like he was much too nice to play for VCU.

VCU could have used him being not a big team but he was the least important stater on the team. Don't know what frosh will show up, but 8 legit players Rhoades has at hand. Mooney too will have 8 players available similar to VCU in a team not having enough height.

Difference of course is Rhoades Rams went 25-8 with a #67 ranked OOC schedule. And Mooney's Spiders went 13-20 involving playing an OOC coming in at #338. Not Cool Ulla.

In case anyone needs a reminder why VCU is so loathed on here, see Exhibit A. I actually like most of their players and Rhoades as well, but some of their fans are just insufferable.

Also as KE spider said, Doughty literally lost a Final Four game for Auburn. I enjoyed watching him play as well. Whatever he did at Auburn, his career will be remembered by that one play.

Anyone who watched him play this year knows that Auburn was a different team when he was on the court. He was the glue. Sure, you can judge him by the one play you saw. But I watched them play all year. They would not have been there if not for Doughty. Tough kid. Wish Wade had left him alone and he had not tried to follow Will down to LSU. He is the kind of tough kid VCU loves.

Oh, and by the way- We picked up a 4* point guard last night for the 20-21 season. Word is that he may try to reclassify to 19-20. So maybe this will be Mobley's replacement.

Reactions: Ram Bal
Hmm, big pick up for the Rams. Looks like the same school as Wayne Sparrow, likely Brunt as the lead on this one I would guess.

Don't you worry FM, I'm sure Moon man has big things lined up with these last two spots, don't you worry. I have a lot of confidence in moon, I really really do.

Reactions: KWeaver
Hmm, big pick up for the Rams. Looks like the same school as Wayne Sparrow, likely Brunt as the lead on this one I would guess.

Don't you worry FM, I'm sure Moon man has big things lined up with these last two spots, don't you worry. I have a lot of confidence in moon, I really really do.

Great, I was a little worried. I did so well with my UR tickets this year, I'd hate to see them get harder to sell.

Didn't you hear? He bought season tickets behind the visitors bench and sells most of them for a profit. He's the only one I know who makes money on UR tickets in any sport, especially for a team who's won 25 games in 2 years.
I'd love to see fmrick and 32counter in a debate as to who is a smarter and therefore better person because they makes lots of money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT