ADVERTISEMENT

A10 Tournament

Some of CM’s better teams didn’t even get past the QF. This team will be lucky to get to the QF.

50/50 they make it to Friday.

Reactions: SpiderK
With a potential quarterfinal matchup against VCU I highly doubt we could make it work. It may depend on the specific matchups we face. I would think we will need a good draw to make it happen.

With a potential quarterfinal matchup against VCU I highly doubt we could make it work. It may depend on the specific matchups we face. I would think we will need a good draw to make it happen.
The draw is what it is. I really don’t believe should we win first game that it matters who we play next. We have played the teams above us reasonably evenly. Re VCU - evenly at home; embarrassed at VCU.

As a 6 seed, we dug our own hole.

Please Lord let us lose before then, I don't know if I could stomach another lose to VCU after that last beat-down

Also, my bad. I was thinking we would be in line to play the 2 seed. It would be the 3 seed. Sorry about the confusion on that.

After watching the Dayton Davidson game we’re not at that level. They both hit clutch shots in the last 5 minutes……something we can’t seem to do.

VCU will be waiting for us after all, apparently. If we can win. If they lose this game to SLU, they drop to the 3 seed.

We've never beaten them in the A10 tourney. It would be a fitting end to his career to get pole-axed by them again, a 3-game sweep eliminating his greatest team ever from all postseason hope. We could pop their bubble if we win, but of course we won't.

So if we win Thursday the choice is to lose to VCU or somehow manage to beat them and then perhaps save Mooney's job? Talk about a Hobson's choice.

(This may be unpopular but in that scenario I'd take the win. If I lived elsewhere it might be a closer call).

So if we win Thursday the choice is to lose to VCU or somehow manage to beat them and then perhaps save Mooney's job? Talk about a Hobson's choice.

(This may be unpopular but in that scenario I'd take the win. If I lived elsewhere it might be a closer call).
Come on PalmTreeandMimosas. We always cheer for the Spiders to win. Always.

Bracket is finalized. Richmond at the 6 with VCU at 3, Dayton at 2 and Davidson at 1. Our road to the championship will be strenuous.

Looks like VCU will have the chance to make it 7-23 and have the fun of finishing us off again. #FCM

LongIsland, I will always root for us, regardless. I was just referencing some of the posters who think that more/bad losses = a quicker exit.

What if Hardt came out and said "Mooney is fired if we lose to VCU, but he's allowed to coach the next two years if we beat them."

I wonder what the rooting interests of our fanbase would be?

Reactions: SpiderK
What if Hardt came out and said "Mooney is fired if we lose to VCU, but he's allowed to coach the next two years if we beat them."

I wonder what the rooting interests of our fanbase would be?
I appreciate the root of your question and do think it has some applicability.

While I think we need a change, I will be elated when our spiders of Richmond upset VCU and ruin their at large hopes. I will root for this scenario every time, no matter what it means for the future.

Further, I cannot think of a more happy and appropriate ending for this team to finally live up to its potential and win the tournament. They will have to dig deep and give us grit that we haven’t seen from them recently but this would be an amazing and fitting end for our seniors.

Section9D, I’m expecting you and your boys to bring it next weekend. Let’s go!

Reactions: plydogg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT