ADVERTISEMENT

A10 Tournament

Can I really be the only one excited for the tourney this year??

there is virtually nothing more exciting than selection Sunday when u know your team is in or has good chance. And this exciting week leads up to it. Normally. But it’s been so long for us. And now we have excitement of a new coach. That’s exciting too new start new energy who is going to be the coach etc. so think many more excited by that. Problem is many r frozen by fear that the people in charge r incapable of doing the right thing.

Reactions: spider23
I have zero excitement for the tournament. Used to be my absolute favorite time of year. I have no reason to believe we can win even two games, and certainly not four. If we win this tournament, it will be the greatest shock in the history of this program.

I wish I had your enthusiasm and hope for this week. Instead I’m conflicted between always wanting Richmond to win and hoping a loss in the first round brings about a coaching change…
Take comfort in the reality that we do not know if an early exit will result in Mooney being terminated. If it were this black and white, I could understand why some people would be conflicted.

However, since we do not know, we should without question cheer, and cheer loudly, for our Spiders.

No...I am as well...but I guess most on here would say that I'm supposed to be 😃
In reality you have the most to gripe about given Dji’s lack of minutes this year (still makes no sense to me fwiw). But that’s a bit off topic.

I will not be making the trip but am still excited!!

I don’t ever root for a loss, especially while watching a game. For me it’s very unsatisfactory win/win…….Spiders win the game, we win a game, spiders lose Mooney’s one step closer to out the door. But there is no joy either way, frankly it’s a bad position to be in.

Reactions: mojo-spider
In reality you have the most to gripe about given Dji’s lack of minutes this year (still makes no sense to me fwiw). But that’s a bit off topic.

I will not be making the trip but am still excited!!
I hear ya...but I love basketball and sure everything hasn't been great...but like I've said before I'm a big believer in trusting the process, even though thats cliche. It has worked out but that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated. Would love to see us catch fire and make a run, as should all fans regardless of how you feel about others. My wife and I are going up Fri morning and spending the weekend in DC. so here's to a long tourney weekend 🕷️🏀

I don’t ever root for a loss, especially while watching a game. For me it’s very unsatisfactory win/win…….Spiders win the game, we win a game, spiders lose Mooney’s one step closer to out the door. But there is no joy either way, frankly it’s a bad position to be in.
Theres-no-I-In-Team, take solace and joy in each victory this week. It’s a better way to live life.

I hear ya...but I love basketball and sure everything hasn't been great...but like I've said before I'm a big believer in trusting the process, even though thats cliche. It has worked out but that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated. Would love to see us catch fire and make a run, as should all fans regardless of how you feel about others. My wife and I are going up Fri morning and spending the weekend in DC. so here's to a long tourney weekend 🕷️🏀
good luck, Dad. shock the world!

Can I really be the only one excited for the tourney this year??
I will say, I am not as excited I hoped to be. Because of work, I can't travel much this time of year.
In November, I thought I could make DC (can't make Brooklyn). But...
Then Omicron, then increased work that needs to be in person, then our record so far...

I will say one thing I do miss about the CAA was the 1990-2000 conference tournament. Held in Richmond, and could go to the Car Show next door between games, or home to eat...

I will say, I am not as excited I hoped to be. Because of work, I can't travel much this time of year.
In November, I thought I could make DC (can't make Brooklyn). But...
Then Omicron, then increased work that needs to be in person, then our record so far...

I will say one thing I do miss about the CAA was the 1990-2000 conference tournament. Held in Richmond, and could go to the Car Show next door between games, or home to eat...
And to give hope to those who have none. Check out the 1993 CAA Tournament (Winner and SRS of members)

Listening to Grant, Gilly, and Mooney last night, they seem about as excited as the rest of us. They sounded like they are just going through the motions at this point. Grant actually stated he said to the team that the Bonnie game didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. My god, really. If that is the attitude, why even show up and play.

If this team was a horse, they would have put it down mercifully back in early January. Suspect Rhody may deliver the kill shot, if not VCU will the following day..

March Madness used to be my favorite sporting event of the year. Have become a much bigger NBA fan in recent year. In fact, got tickets a few weeks ago to a Sixer game and didn't even realize until this week that the first weekend of March Madness, an event that 5 years ago, I would have had circled in my calendar for months. Now, it is just a painful reminder that we are stuck with Mooney and our program is no where near at the level as teams that get a ticket to the dance.

Listening to Grant, Gilly, and Mooney last night, they seem about as excited as the rest of us. They sounded like they are just going through the motions at this point. Grant actually stated he said to the team that the Bonnie game didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. My god, really. If that is the attitude, why even show up and play.

If this team was a horse, they would have put it down mercifully back in early January. Suspect Rhody may deliver the kill shot, if not VCU will the following day..

March Madness used to be my favorite sporting event of the year. Have become a much bigger NBA fan in recent year. In fact, got tickets a few weeks ago to a Sixer game and didn't even realize until this week that the first weekend of March Madness, an event that 5 years ago, I would have had circled in my calendar for months. Now, it is just a painful reminder that we are stuck with Mooney and our program is no where near at the level as teams that get a ticket to the dance.
Oof. I will never be desperate enough to switch to the NBA. At least the college kids still try.

Oof. I will never be desperate enough to switch to the NBA. At least the college kids still try.
The skill level and athletic ability in the NBA is incredible. I've watched a lot to say they play hard. Yeah, there are a few games where NBA teams rest all of their stars at once (Golden State last night) where the product is crap, but most nights it is highly entertaining particularly in arenas with rapid fan bases.

The skill level and athletic ability in the NBA is incredible. I've watched a lot to say they play hard. Yeah, there are a few games where NBA teams rest all of their stars at once (Golden State last night) where the product is crap, but most nights it is highly entertaining particularly in arenas with rapid fan bases.
I should have said, still care.

Yep, I had not been to an NBA for a great number of years. Went to a few Celtics games over the last few years, and yes very exciting, crazy skill level, fans loud. The iso ball can get a little tedious, but lot of fun to watch the games in person.

Say hi to Simmons for me when you go :)

Yep, I had not been to an NBA for a great number of years. Went to a few Celtics games over the last few years, and yes very exciting, crazy skill level, fans loud. The iso ball can get a little tedious, but lot of fun to watch the games in person.

Say hi to Simmons for me when you go :)
Lol. Going to the game after his triumphant return (to the bench) game. Prices for that game were a bit pricey, as you might imagine. Philly fans gonna extract their pound of flesh for sure though, there is no better fan base at doing that then them.

Always intrigued me that Mooney is a Philly fan and guy. If you grow up around that environment, you know you accept nothing less than 110% and if you ever give less, you best expect to hear about it. Yet, Mooney is an excuse making king and lord knows if any reporter asks him even a remotely critical question, he is gonna get his dander all in a fluff.

If I could revoke his Philly fan card, I would because he does not stand for literally anything that makes Philly sports the special and unique entity that it is.

If I could revoke his Philly fan card, I would because he does not stand for literally anything that makes Philly sports the special and unique entity that it is.
We r full of Philly guys in Richmond athletics. I think it’s part of the problem ha. But u right if Mooney & Philly Bob were your impression of that place you u would have the wrong impression.

tho they love to rip on the eagles when they get chance. While thinking everything is just rosy here.

No...I am as well...but I guess most on here would say that I'm supposed to be 😃
You are supposed to be as are plenty of us. I would love nothing more than to win the tournament - a feeling many of us long for. But SpiderDad, for those who have been here for 17 years of Mooney, he has worn much of the fan base down. If you’d have been on this ride with us for the 17 years, maybe you’d feel the same; maybe not.

This week is the last time for this experienced team to play up to expectations. I hope they can show us they can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT