ADVERTISEMENT

A10 teams in the NCAAs

VCU fans have done that to my mother in the RC. Don’t kid yourself.!

Completely different to a random fan. To the parent/family of one of the basketball players is much different. Hell I got into a heckling contest (good natured one) with some St. Louis fans for about 5 minutes at the tournament. Kept going back and forth and the people in our section seemed more interested in it and chimed in than in that dreadful game.

But I know VCU fans are awful. I remember my sophomore year the referees said they would assess a technical foul on the home team (Richmond) if more items were thrown on the court. VCU fans started throwing everything they could. Classless.

Edited: Not completely different to a random fan...it is still vile. Take back my first sentence. I just mean that this being big enough to get a headline from Bleacher Report definitely made it pretty bad.

URI fans really embarrassed the A10 today.

Their fans heckled and taunted Wendell Carter's mom so badly during the game that she had to move seats. Awful, awful look for the fans. I don't even recall VCU ever doing that ebfore...

If you don’t think VCU fans are the worst I have to question your spider fandom. That being said Hurley has a POS on court demeanor so wouldn’t be surprised if it rubbed off on their fans.

If you don’t think VCU fans are the worst I have to question your spider fandom. That being said Hurley has a POS on court demeanor so wouldn’t be surprised if it rubbed off on their fans.

There are far worse fans than VCU. I'm a fan but not a blind fan. Fan encounters in a rivalry don't really count in my eyes. I've heard VCU fans cuss out richmond fans and i've heard my fair share of richmond students yell the n word at VCU fans.

There are far worse fans than VCU. I'm a fan but not a blind fan. Fan encounters in a rivalry don't really count in my eyes. I've heard VCU fans cuss out richmond fans and i've heard my fair share of richmond students yell the n word at VCU fans.

VCU fans are created out of the moment. The vast majority of them didn't exist prior to 2011. This is year 1 of their downturn. Wait until year 4 or 5. Their fanbase will be mostly comped tickets full of old alumni wishing for the old days...and they won't be so genteel and cordial than we are to Mooney. Expect objects thrown on the court, more fights in the stands, and just a general scary scene on Broad St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT