ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

An aside- when these lists are made under the player and they say he has heard from
a list of schools , and Richmond is on the list (or any school) does that mean a coach actually Talked to the kid?

An aside- when these lists are made under the player and they say he has heard from
a list of schools , and Richmond is on the list (or any school) does that mean a coach actually Talked to the kid?
There’s no real definition for “hearing from x school,” but I’d say in most cases it’s at least a phone call from one of the assistant coaches. It’s not like all of these are scholarship offers, more likely a lot of introductory calls to see what the player is looking for and if Richmond is of interest.

There are probably plenty of guys that we don’t end up being seriously interested in (or vice versa) who still include us on these lists because it makes them seem highly coveted.

There’s no real definition for “hearing from x school,” but I’d say in most cases it’s at least a phone call from one of the assistant coaches. It’s not like all of these are scholarship offers, more likely a lot of introductory calls to see what the player is looking for and if Richmond is of interest.

There are probably plenty of guys that we don’t end up being seriously interested in (or vice versa) who still include us on these lists because it makes them seem highly coveted.
Thank you- that’s what I assumed but the way things are going now days who knows.

We’re out on Clark Slajchert. Seems like he wants to go west. Davidson is an interesting inclusion on this list.

An update from a few days ago...David Thomas is headed to DePaul.

Indeed. I watched a couple games this season and he looked legit. Bizjack / Kaiser duo would be a huge talent get.
Bizjacks stats weren’t eye popping. Didn’t start any games but played about 15mpg with 4.2ppg. Only 27% from three.

He’d be the rare transfer down type for us and he does have three years of eligibility remaining.

Seems he had a few games where he was making shots, scoring points and thus got more minutes, but overall seemed to get decent minutes for a freshman. Somewhat inconsistent shooting overall. We need shooters, especially any with size. Would think there is somewhat overlap with current roster though, dunno exactly how staff sees Tanner (I'd guess more of a 3, but if he's 6'5" and Bizjack is 6'4" it's not much different to me.) Will see how the roster shakes out.

Duncan Powell is headed to Louisiana. I know everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting to see where he would end up next.

• Haha
Reactions: spider23
I think LeBron is going to try to get Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to the "South Beach of the North" as well.

Also in regards to Pittsburgh: "Southside is the Best Side"

And: Look both ways for Huggy Bears before crossing the street.

Yes...typically

Can't imagine Elvis would transfer within the league but I'd take him if he wanted to!

Derin Saran is in the portal. We offered him late last spring after being involved for a while.

I honestly wasn't that impressed by Kobe Elvis. Probably not a true point guard, but I don't think he was great at running their offense. Brickus is better.

I honestly wasn't that impressed by Kobe Elvis. Probably not a true point guard, but I don't think he was great at running their offense. Brickus is better.
Same. I'm shocked that P6 schools are reaching out and specifically we are as well, since we should know him better. He was a big part of the reason in my opinion that they faded down the stretch. Certainly, not the mold of a PG that Mooney wants running his offense. Think we can and should do better.

I wonder if Elvis was pushed out for some reason?

I get a guy thinking he might get a bigger payday going high major. but seems strange to start every game at Dayton, play a ton, and then consider Samford, Murray State or UCSB. even Richmond to be honest.

Last edited:
Robbie Avila is in the portal. I wonder if he's going to follow Scherz to SLU or try to move up to the high-major level. Either way, don't think we'll have a chance of getting him but I'm sure we'll make the call.

Robbie Avila is in the portal. I wonder if he's going to follow Scherz to SLU or try to move up to the high-major level. Either way, don't think we'll have a chance of getting him but I'm sure we'll make the call.

I don’t think we even make the call after the Jay Beagle commitment.

Maybe SLU w new coach is option but my guess is he skips to a higher level.

Reactions: spiderman
I don’t think we even make the call after the Jay Beagle commitment.

Maybe SLU w new coach is option but my guess is he skips to a higher level.

Whoops Jonathan. I had 2018 Stanley Cup CHAMPION Jay Beagle on my mind!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT