ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Not going to see it and probably won’t see many grad transfers either as the numbers are going to go way down after this upcoming season as the Covid bonus ends.
yeah, this is the end of the one-year-grad-transfer era.
get 'em while they're hot.

Not going to see it and probably won’t see many grad transfers either as the numbers are going to go way down after this upcoming season as the Covid bonus ends.

Yep. Will be different after the Covid bonus is gone. The inventory of grad transfers will be a lot less. The inventory of undergrad transfers willl only increase as we're really in the first year of unlimited transferring. Maybe we get the occasional grad, but I think our sweet spot will end up being the first or 2nd year undergrad transfers. As u said time will tell.

Reactions: urfan1
Joseph Pinion committed to Arkansas State over the weekend. We had contacted him a few weeks back.

well he's certainly trending up. but yeah, I'm a little concerned that his percentage last year isn't a clear indicator he's a shooter. he was a very low percentage shooter the 2 years before in very light volume (4-28).

but maybe he is. and maybe he's a Goose type defender. just don't know.
4-28, to 26-59 is a trend. Next season 169-124…

Virgina Tech's John Camden...

Started out at Memphis and I guess got a redshirt even though he played 2 minutes in one game. Then two years at Tech with limited appearances.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Basically a three-point shooter, it appears, but not enough volume to know if he's good at it. A fallback option, perhaps?

had big offers out of HS. hasn't worked out, but that's why he's available now. kick the tires.

Reid Ducharme out of Xavier. Highly regarded recruit who only played 9 minutes all season. Apparently did have a concussion at one point during the season.

Their father went to Tech and worked several sales/marketing jobs in Richmond after graduation before moving up the company ranks and heading to Philly.

On the interest list for Lipscomb's Derrin Boyd, who has visits to Charleston and Samford scheduled.

I mentioned these guys back in January, not sure if either is in the portal but High Point had two high scoring guards this year. Duke Miles has his Covid year left (I assume) having played 4 years, his first 3 at Troy then at HP this year. This year he got 17.5 ppg on 53/36/80 shooting splits. 6'3" 185 guard. Kezza Giffa (another lefty) got 16.2 on 41/34/88 shooting splits and got to the FT line 7 times per game. Listed at 6'2" 165lbs. Started at UTEP, sat out a transfer year to High Point it appears, then played this year, mostly off the bench (weird with those numbers.)

Both made first team all Big South.

Miles should have two years left, as he also had a medical redshirt in there. 2020–21 COVID freebie, 2021–22 1st year, 2022–23 medical redshirt (played 6 games), 2023–24 2nd year.

Doesn't look like either of them has hit the portal though.

Top of a possibly random list for UCF’s Comeh Emuobor. From Raleigh with a stop at Brewster, saw only spot minutes in his first year at UCF.

Top of a possibly random list for UCF’s Comeh Emuobor. From Raleigh with a stop at Brewster, saw only spot minutes in his first year at UCF.
I feel like these list orders are never random. who would rank randomly?

#1 might not be where you end up. but it's either your highest level school, where you want an offer, or just who reached out first. but I think there's some thought to the order.

Interesting how this has played out early in the portal season. We immediately had visits from three players, all who look like good fits, good gets potentially. I may be wrong, but other than those three - all other reports are simply that we have reached out. Other than 80'sFan's mystery guy. Just find it interesting that we basically heard about those guys on day 1, and then zilch. Obviously there is a lot going on that is not published anywhere. Maybe after this weekend some activity.

those 3 squeezed in their first vists before the Dead Period (4/4-4/11). I doubt anyone's taken more than one visit so far (and many haven't even done that).

we'll hopefully hear about more visits for next weekend soon.

Well this is fun - 2 weeks after Cohen from UMass commits to Arkansas, his new coach hits his own portal and heads to USC. I'm sure Cohen will now re-portal and join him there soon. Crazy times.

• Wow
Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
Yes, very interesting at USC. And USC just had their benedict Jaynel, with Kobe Johnson transferring across town to UCLA. The two members of the one USC message board I peak at from time to time were not very happy about that.

Musselman annoys me a little due to some interactions last time they played SDSU - but I think a good hire. He will recruit, and he is a proven coach, and he has a high motor and won't accept not winning.

Thought the same thing about Cohen, that would be a nice pick up. Enfield could sign the heck out of 4/5 star big man that could jump out of the gym, but apparently not play basketball all that well, or maybe he didn't develop them.

Musselman is a little nuts but USC got a coaching upgrade imo
LOL but a little nuts might be underselling it. Enfield definitely on the hot seat thinking leave now, but wow Musselman after a one year downturn says adios. Though can't blame him seeing SC greater opportunity than Ark.

Reactions: GKiller
Wondering what posters feel is the best site(s) for transfer news announcements and where they end up transferring? Just starting to look at it and amazed at some of the prominent P6 names transferring.

Crazy if true might not be the correct word for what must be going on after reading this article ....
Thought he had a good career ahead of him at Wiscy. Can someone who might negotiate Storr getting 1M be allowed to get paid from it?

Can see why Jay Wright might have had enough and went to the booth. I have no idea how to regulate/control it, but presently like the Wild West out there.

"demand" is a strong word. it's a negotiation. Kansas doesn't have to pay it.
I can "demand" my company pay me $1 million too. I'm sure that would get an interesting response.

Reactions: gospidersgo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT