ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

I bet Jordan King knows him. They played at rival high schools in Albany. Maybe he can put in a good word for Spider hoops like he did with Beagle.
no way he gets another year. he played 4 full seasons.
the extra year is for kids who played that abbreviated season, some with no fans.

Still feel like a bit of a stalker doing this but, alas....Gipe has recently followed Hampton transfer Amir Nesbitt, 6'1 G with one year left. Doesn't have great numbers (career 3.8 PPG in 13.9 MPG) and battled a knee injury this year, only playing in 14 games.

EDIT: Checked into it, and don't think there's any relation to Hampton's Jordan Nesbitt, who we've also been in touch with.

Very interesting prospect. when I googled him saw something about a bunch of Yale players taking a leave of absence during covid. Only played 4 years, hell guy at VCU has played 15 years.

It sounds like we were in on Yale transfer Knowling, so a lot of connections here. Shot 45% from 3 two years in a row, wow.

the extra year is for kids who played that abbreviated season, some with no fans.
Exactly. 2024 was his extra year that he got because of 2021.

if Mahoney somehow gets another year, then they have to give all the Ivy guys who came a year after him an extra year. guys like Neskovic. maybe we have him for 2 years!

... I'm not counting on it.

Reactions: urfan1
if Mahoney somehow gets another year, then they have to give all the Ivy guys who came a year after him an extra year. guys like Neskovic. maybe we have him for 2 years!

... I'm not counting on it.
Give Tyler another year...his 1st year was 2020 just like this clown's. What part of 2024 was his extra year does this clown not get?

Give Tyler another year...his 1st year was 2020 just like this clown's. What part of 2024 was his extra year does this clown not get?
21d2d426-763e-4dde-a766-ce5eb0cd809f_text.gif

it's a bizarre challenge. But I actually think there's a small chance....other players got near 5 years abrreviated or not...there was still a posteason & they lost chance at postseason...blah blah. Something like that. They shouldn't win it but ncaa on losing streak & any eligibility rules r the next thing to go.

"Did your team miss on impact transfer Aidan Mahaney? Have no fear! Now's your chance to pick up an August Mahoney instead! So lifelike, almost no one can tell the difference! But act fast.. supplies are limited!"
Aiden Mahaney was one of a few guys who visited Tony Bennett and UVA.....and, no surprise, went elsewhere. UVA is the only ACC team that has not added a transfer.....and they have as many roster holes as any team in the country. The fact that transfers can see the roster holes and see all the possible playing time and still say no is very telling.

Couple of minor updates from the past day or two:

- With Jaquan Sanders committing, Hofstra appears to be full on schollies now, so that's no longer an option for Moe Odum. He was supposed to visit there in late April, but not sure if it happened.

- Ali Dibba was reportedly visiting Southern Illinois yesterday.

Aiden Mahaney was one of a few guys who visited Tony Bennett and UVA.....and, no surprise, went elsewhere. UVA is the only ACC team that has not added a transfer.....and they have as many roster holes as any team in the country. The fact that transfers can see the roster holes and see all the possible playing time and still say no is very telling.

Fire Bennett! Extend Mooney!

Reactions: GKiller
I do agree here. I think Bennett is a great coach, but 50 points/game offense is turning players away. I think SDSU is having a similar problem - losing three guys in the portal - BUT I think bigger problem is they are not competing on the big $NIL. Will be interesting b/c SDSU's latest portal entry Elijah Saunders is visiting UVA - and supposedly has a child in Arizona so I guess in that case it is about the $, indicates that UVA is playing ball with big NIL.

From that article, there are already talks to merge scheduling and NIL. Not the model we discussed in the scheduling thread but a tournament where every participant gets $1 million from tournament proceeds. Mentions some of the big name teams I brought up.

“Another potential revenue source is a new nonconference tournament concept where proceeds from media rights, ticket sales and sponsorships go directly to the NIL collectives of the participating teams.

Details have started leaking out for the Las Vegas event: eight teams (possibly growing to 16 in future years), $1 million per team for participating, an additional $1 million to the champions.

Smith confirmed SDSU and MESA are part of discussions for the inaugural tournament next season — if it happens. Other schools mentioned include Duke, Kansas, Alabama, Oregon and Syracuse.“

Discussion of inflection points and not being left behind. However bc of MTT rules it prob cannot happen immediately until big draw teams have the availability to play in it.

We need to get on this asap and figure out the UR plan.

Reactions: spider23
No, he should get an extra year.

It just has to be 2021 not 2025. So when does he enter the time portal?

We’ve never been able to get into 8 team single site MTEs without NIL idk how we’d secure ones that r paying out NIL.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Middleagedtown State already is set in the backcourt, so there weren't really a lot of options.

For those who wanted us to go after Duke Miles, he's headed to Oklahoma.

YSU wasn’t too bad last season other than swept by Oakland…

Couple of guys MD had identified based on Gipe's follows committed today:

- Ricardo Wright to Kennesaw State
- Julius Rollins to Western Illinois

Also Phillip Russell said a few days ago that he's down to Cal, Washington State, or returning to UT Arlington.

I think the secondary ticket market is going to be pretty good for ACC MBB and football games against Cal, Stanford at SMU at every ACC venue. If you ever want to go to a game at Duke, those might be your chance to get an affordable ticket.

Cal and Stanford have sucked lately in both sports and have no alumni base in ACC country. SMU doesn't move the needle anywhere, in anything.

#RVA CARES
Why? As a person he showed no particular charitable chararacteristics,
and he failed to live up to his own hype for us and VCU.
I have no ill will towards him, but as I have said over the years, someone that left of us for what he or she thinks are greener pastures I hope steps in cow dung in those pastures

Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Who is Youngstown State’s biggest rival? I’ll put $20 on him playing for them in the 25/26 season😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT