ADVERTISEMENT

Why no roster update?

CarolinaSpider

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2006
Per the PR Dept on why no roster update and I quote" "Thanks for reaching out. We are hoping to finalize our basketball roster shortly and will update it at that point. It has taken longer to compile the 2023-2024 roster than in year's past, hence the delay."

Well could you have least removed those who were no longer at UR? I should have asked that.

I kinda understand the delay for the 2023-24 roster now, since they probably knew there was hopefully one more coming.

Right, I think it is a little confusing, b/c it defaults to last years roster - so basically if you did a basic search for "Richmond Spiders mens basketball roster" and same for VCU, you would see Jason Nelson on both - and it would be right b/c ours is defaulting to 22-23 still.

I am a fan of going ahead and just updating it to the new years and fill in the head shots and new guys as they become available.

wasn't this discussion completed last week with these same answers? I'll summarize.

1. UR should do better to get the current year's roster up, to avoid confusion.
2. Previous years' rosters are accurate and should stay, but not be the homepage default.
3. Rivals should stop showing the Gonzalvez signs with Richmond sidebar article. ***Note: this one is mine, I feel like I saw it for 5 years after he had already graduated.

• Haha
Reactions: urfan1 and spider23
Per the PR Dept on why no roster update and I quote" "Thanks for reaching out. We are hoping to finalize our basketball roster shortly and will update it at that point. It has taken longer to compile the 2023-2024 roster than in year's past, hence the delay."

Translation: "You rat bastard. You're one of those message board losers, aren't you? Fine, you got us! We haven't updated the roster BECAUSE WE FORGOT ALRIGHT?!? You already know who's on the team anyway, why do you need us to tell you? All the roster spots are filled and games don't start for another four months. So just DEAL WITH IT until then!"

So Peter Thomas is still the Interim Head Coach? How long will he have that title? Does Mooney have to undergo another physical before he is cleared to return ? ,,,,,or perhaps maybe laziness in updating...say it's not so!

It's still just copied over from last season and they're obviously not done updating. Stokes is still on there, Fahed is in his old role, and Dollar isn't on there in Fahed's old spot yet.

And to be fair, this work-in-progress is still sort of hidden. The main roster link on the site still goes to 2022–23. There's a dropdown selection for 2023–24 which still takes you to 2022–23, but by manually tweaking the URL I was able to get the draft 2023–24 one.

Reactions: urfan1
As someone who has helped run a schools athletic website with content management system, I am not sure what they are struggling with. Uploaded rosters far larger than these with ease.

looks like the boys hit the weight room hard this offseason.
Roche +20 lbs! (for the move to forward?)
Dji & Walz +10
Bigs & Noyes +5

looks like the boys hit the weight room hard this offseason.
Roche +20 lbs! (for the move to forward?)
Dji & Walz +10
Bigs & Noyes +5
Right now Dji is close to 200…been fluctuating between 195-200 but I don’t think they done the official measurements yet but I could be wrong.

wow. he was listed at 180 last year. was that accurate?
Maybe when they took it at the start but they also have the height off bc he’s 6’6 🤷🏼‍♂️😀 They usually have taken measurements late summer or beginning of fall sem. Last season he was around 190ish I think by end of season. He’s changed his diet and supplements to add weight but mainly to try and stay healthy this season. He’s def added more muscle as he likes to let me know 😂

we'd have sick ball handling with Dji on the wing, and at 6'6" 200 he can certainly defend there. we just have to have enough shooting. King, Hunt and Bigelow are willing to take them but they all have to hit at higher rates than last year.

Agree…to me Jordan is a scorer annd very very vocal & a very positive guy and D Lo is a downhill type of guard energetic/hyper. Dji is a playmaker and great defender. I also think if we have those 3 plus Zay and Neal on the floor it may be our most athletic. Neal being the least out of the group but that’s not a jab. I just like that lineup but we have some time till that’s figured out. You could then bring Tyler, Aidan, Mike & Roche off the bench.

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
TBH I haven’t seen them enough. Mainly on video. I do think we will be solid but we will find out soon enough.

Would have pegged Dji at 6’4 before 6’6. But does look like he added some muscle weight.

Thought we inflated heights in past like everyone else. R we the only program that deflates them?

They still haven't officially pushed it live. The basic roster link still goes to 2022–23 so you can't get the new one unless you manually adjust the URL, unless I'm missing it being linked somewhere.

Tanner is still weightless.

Quinn and Southall still using last year's pics. Quinn undoubtedly because he was in Ireland on picture day. Southall must have been missing for some reason as well.

Dollar still not officially announced/listed as video coordinator.

So we need a picture with Harris and Dji next to each other. Then I want to see another with Quinn, Walz, and Soulis. :)

Dji is def not 6’4…6’6 - 6’5 3/4 if they push down on the hair 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

Hey it worked for Fletch!

6'6 200 has a nice ring to it. Personally I'd push for it. One reason being that is how any player is referred to henceforth in the media. Announcers, writers etc all get it from the rosters & media guides. A second reason it could conceivably play a minor role in scouting reports, maybe when another team isn't very familiar with roster idk.

Didn't u say we were listing Trevor Smith like 3 inches taller? So there's precedent.

Hey it worked for Fletch!

6'6 200 has a nice ring to it. Personally I'd push for it. One reason being that is how any player is referred to henceforth in the media. Announcers, writers etc all get it from the rosters & media guides. A second reason it could conceivably play a minor role in scouting reports, maybe when another team isn't very familiar with roster idk.

Didn't u say we were listing Trevor Smith like 3 inches taller? So there's precedent.
😂 I did say I think Smith wasn’t 6’0 or he wasn’t when I saw him last yr. He looked about Nelson’s size.

Hard for me track these days, I think after this season, among scholarship players the following time out:

Quinn, King, Harris, Bigelow.

Dji? Does he still have covid extra year if he wants it? I think this is the case but may be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT