ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome back, Grant!

I hope we aren't ranked once all season, to be honest. It turned out to be the worst thing that happened to us. We lost almost immediately after being ranked and never looked the same again. Let's fly under the radar and do something very unlike us, like win the league after being picked fourth, or win the A10 tourney as a 5-seed or something like that.

Maybe we should try another Fire Mooney billboard. That seemed to light A fire under them last time. Seriously, playing with a chip on their collective shoulders is about the best I've seen of this group of Mooneys.

Reactions: plydogg
Maybe we should try another Fire Mooney billboard. That seemed to light A fire under them last time. Seriously, playing with a chip on their collective shoulders is about the best I've seen of this group of Mooneys.
Um, we won one game (against La Salle) after the billboard went up, then lost our last four, including GMU and UMass. We beat Fordham in the play-in round of the A10 tournament, then lost in the Round of 12.

2-5 isn't exactly inspired.

The rally at Glory Days was nice, though.

Um, we won one game (against La Salle) after the billboard went up, then lost our last four, including GMU and UMass. We beat Fordham in the play-in round of the A10 tournament, then lost in the Round of 12.

2-5 isn't exactly inspired.

The rally at Glory Days was nice, though.
Obviously you are missing that it took 9 months for the 1 day Billboard to inspire them...

Lol we haven’t been in 1 of those good 8 team all at one neutral site tourneys in Mooney’s 16 years. Forget Maui but not Charleston not Orlando not Atlantis not Myrtle.

But I’m sure the gazelle group with Mooney’s agent has got something great cooking where we eat 3 hot dogs to get 1 filet.
You mean 1 like this?

Reactions: GKiller
Bona has the results from this year and expectations for next year to earn that kind of spot. But even when we have had similar résumés, we haven't had much success leveraging them. The Legends Classic with Auburn and Wisconsin was decent, but we can't seem to break into these 8-team ones where most of the programs are decent if not great. Plenty of A-10 programs seem to be able to do it, but we can't. Duquesne is headed to Paradise Jam, VCU going to Atlantis, etc.

Bona has the results from this year and expectations for next year to earn that kind of spot. But even when we have had similar résumés, we haven't had much success leveraging them. The Legends Classic with Auburn and Wisconsin was decent, but we can't seem to break into these 8-team ones where most of the programs are decent if not great. Plenty of A-10 programs seem to be able to do it, but we can't. Duquesne is headed to Paradise Jam, VCU going to Atlantis, etc.

davidson, dayton, URI etc. u can add a lot of A10 teams who have played in these things across Mooney's tenure. But not the Spiders.

Maybe we can’t find the phone number to inquire about participating.

The Legends Classic with Auburn and Wisconsin was decent, but we can't seem to break into these 8-team ones where most of the programs are decent if not great.
I agree with the overall thought, but playing Auburn and Wisconsin was more than decent.

I agree with the overall thought, but playing Auburn and Wisconsin was more than decent.
I rank it as merely decent for two reasons:

1. We "lucked out" in getting to face Auburn. We could have gotten a very pedestrian New Mexico team instead (though even they beat Wisconsin in the third-place game).

2. It was just a four-team marquee event, and we were saddled with terrible games against CSUN and McNeese to fill things out. Give me one of the events with eight solid teams in one location like Charleston or Orlando, or at least one where the undercard teams are decent mid-majors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT