ADVERTISEMENT

WE GOT HIM

Impressive. De'Monte joins a great group of young guards. Really excited about what he brings to the table. Welcome to the Spiders!

Hell yeah. Great get by CM and his staff. Buckingham was the Metro player of the year and 5A state player of the year last year, as a junior, no less. Averaged 21 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game and led his team to a 28-1 record and state championship. He had offers from UVA, Tech, VCU, Cinci, Maryland, Rhode Island and several other schools.

We have been discussing him along with Ako and Sherod, but to me De'Monte was the blue chipper in that very esteemed group. I have been a consistent observer of CM and his staff's inability to land the big recruit. We landed one tonight. Boom.

Reactions: SpiderK
Very Happy to have De'Monte join our team, what a great start. This kids a winner!

Great news! Welcome aboard. Hopefully, this commitment is the first of a series of "dominoes" that may fall our way. This is a great start and will likely help with bringing in 2-3 other excellent student-athletes into our basketball "family" this fall. Nice job coaches, and let the fun begin! P.S. If anyone has any highlights videos, I have a feeling they would get lots of views!

giphy.gif

Spiderman, Your most recent post (above) was not exactly the kind of "highlights" video I was hoping for, but it may reflect, accurately, the feelings of many spider fans.

FYI, anyone interested in checking out some great DB videos, can just Google: "Utube demonte buckingham."
Several really good ones come up, including one from a while back, when he was interviewed. At that time he was listing UVA and VCU as his two favorites. He did a very nice job with the interview, and it is clear that he is well-spoken, very "team" focued, and gets his teammates involved when he is not hitting his shots.

He looks like a great addition to the team. And, for what its worth, I could spot no obvious "weaknesses" in his highlights videos, but numerous strengths. He clearly has a nice stroke, handles well, and jumps very well. Of special interest was some truly outstanding passing and an abilty to block shots, from well above the rim. His defense reminds me of Deion Taylor, and that is a very large compliment. I believe he will be a welcome addition to our outstandng defense (and may help our rebounding!). Based on the highlights, he may be able to play three positions, including the 2, 3 or even the 1 (point guard) positions, depending on UR's future needs. Welcome aboard!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT