ADVERTISEMENT

Wash Post article on cuts

Prewitt fed idea by disgruntled parties at UR as part of campaign for reinstatement.Individual Comments of piece reflect same.Mere coincidence that Bball ComcastSportsNet piece is being aired in MidAtlantic region and we'll soon likely name AU AD to similar job at UR.Also DC Metro area is a hotbed of high school Lax which is well recruited by the college lax schools of UMd,JHU,Georgetown,Loyola,USNA and UMBC.Those coaches don't mind the Post dumping on a little Lax startup such as UR especially when Georgetown Prep or Landon or other high school players may now consider UR.Prewitt was duped into writing a poor piece of literature without doing a complete story.

Woodward and Bernstein he's not.

I guess certain board member's role as deep throat didn't work this time
This post was edited on 11/2 9:28 AM by Spidersssssss

The article was not flattering to the school or the folks upset about this situation. I'm not sure what the point of leaking this to the press was supposed to be.

Originally posted by Spidersssssss:

By the way, what were the "expectations"? I hatchet job on one of our largest donors?
The piece had been mentioned to me as an investigative piece that was taking multiple weeks to put together. I had heard about it from those working behind the scenes and from faculty at the school.

The Collegian offered essentially the same material two weeks ago. I didn't expect a hatchet job; I expected to learn something I didn't already know.

unless you know someone on the board, personally, doubt you will ever know all the details on this deal. we don't know the details on most of the items the board votes on so not much different than the normal course of business on campus. all a reporter will uncover is one side of the issue, typically the side harmed, would doubt if a member of our board would submit to an interview or if he or she did, would not give up anything worthwhile. kind of a rehash of what we already knew.

Re:would doubt if a member of our board would submit to an interview or if he or she did,

You kidding me? It was a local board member, who at one time may have ran a family business, who has fanned the flames.

Ssssss, careful. One might accuse you of a 'hatchet job on one of our largest donors'.

Hatchet job...no.Biggest donor who mistakenly accepted to Join the Save the Spiders Facebook page becuase he is a creeper on Facebook and then requested not to be accepted becuase he mistakenly clicked the button. How ironic. Both sports got screwed and they are willing to take the damage in the short term and let the whole thing just go away over time.

aren't all people on facebook creepers? just kidding, though sometimes do wonder when my wife makes me view something on her page.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT