ADVERTISEMENT

Match vs. VCU is road's end for UR men's soccer

EPJr

Star
Sep 27, 2002
Match vs. VCU is road's end for UR men's soccer
IVPUHTPEFPVQCGV.20121101162844.jpg

RICHMOND, Va. --
There is no indication the University of Richmond administration is reconsidering its position regarding the discontinuation of men's soccer, which makes Friday night's game against VCU at Robins Stadium the program's final act.

Eight Atlantic 10 Conference teams qualify for the league tournament Nov. 8-11 in Charlotte. Richmond (6-11, 2-6) will not be among them.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/2012/nov/01/tdsport01-fridays-match-vs-vcu-is-roads-end-for-ur-ar-2327656/
This post was edited on 11/2 12:49 PM by EPJr

I think they forgot two words "charge for". So it should read, "There is no charge for admission". They way it is written it makes it sound like the game is closed and no one is allowed / admitted to watch.

Originally posted by RCSGA:

I think they forgot two words "charge for". So it should read, "There is no charge for admission". They way it is written it makes it sound like the game is closed and no one is allowed / admitted to watch.
Yea, I read it like "no one is allowed in." It should have said "admission is free"...what a deal!

I feel for these guys and I wish I was in town to support these young men for their commitment and dedication. It would have been real easy to role over and give up, but these guys have played hard. Tough match tonight to end it against a very good Rams team, especially with multiple emotions running rampant. Hopefully they play to best ability, the school comes out in good numbers for support and they show at the end of the game a lot more class then our administration did. Go Spiders, we are proud of you for standing tall!

Ditto Carolina. I hope the Administration wakes up.
This post was edited on 11/3 7:33 AM by URFan1

Incredible game effort by our guys last night. Also a very spirited crowd, despite the chilly temps.

I saw Jim there but didn't see Ayers anywhere. Can't say I'm shocked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT