ADVERTISEMENT

Wake

I'm watching Michigan state and Oakland, and Oakland is winning by 13 at half. Not really a concern to UR, but a #1 down by double digits at half is interesting.

Deacs have basically given all of their 15 pt lead away in 2nd half. Disappointing but if you can build it once, hope they can do it again.

Wake now trailing 68-62 with 3:18 left. This was a great opportunity, and Wake squandered it. Too bad, because it could have moved wake into the rankings, and made our win look even better! Looks like it will not happen. Michigan State appears to be clawing back and taking the lead versus Oakland too, but Oakland has been scrappy, and given the #1 team a challenge..

Well, maybe Cal can help us out tonight by beating UVA on the road in JPJA. Bears are looking sharp and fast at the start leading 8-0. Will be interesting to see if Hoos wear them down cause you have to play full 60 min.

Disgusting night of watching all the teams I wanted to win fall apart at the end. Watched the end of the Bonnie's game, Mich State-Oakland game, wake-x game, and then GW getting trounced by DePaul and finally the stake in the coffin Cal losing a game they had in their pocket.

BTW loved watching the felder kid from Oakland all 5'9 of him. Kid can play

Ulla, I'm sure you realize it helps the Spiders when our opponents beat other people. It makes our wins look better and helps our RPI

Ulla, I'm sure you realize it helps the Spiders when our opponents beat other people. It makes our wins look better and helps our RPI
Fan1, I understand that, but it is most encouraging to note that the Spiders have beaten some very good teams and on a given night can compete with anyone. Roll Spide! OSC

Watched the second half of the Wake game. Couple observations. When we complain about our lack of offensive rebounding, watching Wake go after some offensive boards futility and that in turn sparking easy transition hoops that led to Xavier getting hot, you see the value in CM strategy.

Other thing is Manning appears to be a great recruiter but my gosh Wake played about as sloppy of a second half as you could play. Getting crushed on the board, giving up easy transition buckets, just throwing up whatever shot first presented itself. Xavier punched Wake in the early part of the second half, and Wake just folded up.

Man, had Wake and Cal won last night, that would have made great RPI wise for us, but still both showed well and I think both will get a multitude of signature wins that will make our wins over them look really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT