ADVERTISEMENT

Very good win on the road against Wofford

Zay does a lot of good stuff out there, but yes, he does dribble into the teeth of the defense without a plan too much. I think this is an issue he will grown on. Dji needs more time as well. I'd rather that time not come at the expense of Zay, rather by giving Gilly a few minutes breather at some point during the game.

No reason Gilly should be playing 40 minutes every game. Give him 37-38 and that is a couple extra minutes for Dji. Would love to see Dji and Zay out there together and see what happens defensively. I think we might like that. Will Mooney try that ever? Doubtful.

Would love to see Dji and Zay out there together and see what happens defensively. I think we might like that. Will Mooney try that ever? Doubtful.
we'll see plenty of that next year. and they'll both keep getting better.

I know, I know ... the future is bright ...

UR80 never said he was trying to take out the 5 minute stretch. He was simply complimenting the offense and defense for what he felt like was a good 35 minutes on both ends. Then, fan1 disagreed, and he responded to that by mentioning the 5 minute stretch. He is not hiding anything to fit a narrative. He is the one who mentioned the 5-minute stretch. Geez, forgive him for focusing on what he thought was 35 good minutes instead of five bad minutes. Fan1 disagreed with the 5-minute part, and that's fine. That's his opinion, just like UR80 had his opinion, but why attack UR80 here? That's the problem with this board. Everyone wants to go into attack mode if anything positive is said.
That's a good one, my friend. I'm going to quote his opening line, and then you can play semantics all you want with what he said versus implication as a means for whatever you want to always find positives in spite of reality. The line follows:

"If you take out the stretch from 7:11 to 2:25 in the 2nd half we out score them by 19 points."

Posting needs to be grounded in "facts", "reality", the "what is", and not in the "what someone wants things to seem or appear".

That's a good one, my friend. I'm going to quote his opening line, and then you can play semantics all you want with what he said versus implication as a means for whatever you want to always find positives in spite of reality. The line follows:

"If you take out the stretch from 7:11 to 2:25 in the 2nd half we out score them by 19 points."

Posting needs to be grounded in "facts", "reality", the "what is", and not in the "what someone wants things to seem or appear".
?? Yes, he mentioned the 5 minute stretch. That is my point. Some of you responded to him by acting like he was trying to act like it never happened. Read it again. Nevermind. Bottom line is he got attacked for being too positive, and the replies acted like he was trying to say the 5 minute stretch never happened. But, whatever.

?? Yes, he mentioned the 5 minute stretch. That is my point. Some of you responded to him by acting like he was trying to act like it never happened. Read it again. Nevermind. Bottom line is he got attacked for being too positive, and the replies acted like he was trying to say the 5 minute stretch never happened. But, whatever.

Nine* minute stretch. But, whatever.

Reactions: SpiderK
?? Ply, why so angry? Sounds like you expect a perfect game from us. I'm not sure any college basketball team ever plays a perfect game. We go 8-18 from 3, they go 6-19, and you get on us for "jacking up bad 3s" and giving them easy 3s. LOL. Beyond laughable, but oh so predictable.

No one was attacked VT. And we expect more from this program than we are getting. We wont win many games playing the way we have this year and even last night. That's why we are 4-4 this year and blowing leads nearly every game. Why do you run from accountability ? We have had the same issues for years with very few exceptions.

This game was reflective of others when our lead shrank. The offense that was used so effectively in the first half was changed to one of moving the ball around the perimeter and using clock. Golden could literally score under the basket every time he had the ball. Why get away from that? Also, why not feed Burton underneath? I think several of Gilyard's three attempts were simply because the offense was not effective and the shot clock was about to expire. No matter. I want the ball in his hands at the end of a game, especially if we know fouls are coming.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Billboards available in Richmond for as cheap as $2,500. I’ll give Mooney the rest of OOC play before looking into it deeper
Easy there Ply, if you put up a billboard and Mooney still doesn't get fired, it is the billboards fault. Of course if you don't put up a billboard he won't be fired anyway. Look at the results of not putting up a billboard with Huesman.
Coach for life, get used to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT