ADVERTISEMENT

UR vs.Maine In Game Thread

I hope I'm proven wrong but we won't make the playoffs. We lost our chance at Albany.

If we drop out of the top 25 we have dug ourselves a real deep hole......even if we win the next two.

Pathetic effort all the way around. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs after getting shelled by a lousy team. Their only hope is that Strauss can play next week.

great drive, now if we can get a big play by the D -- the chant should be strip that ball

Pathetic game, coaching, pathetic quarterback. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs if we can't beat this lousy team. Way to choke away a chance to finally get into the playoffs after what 5 years now?

You guys can bash me all you want, I'm tired of getting my hopes up year after year.

Memo To: Danny Rocco
CC: Mike London
Attn: UR Campus Police

Your nephew is not as good a QB as Michael Strauss.

Please be on the lookout for Tonya Harding.

Need to throw run the ball more, and get 4-5 passes to the TE. Offense too predictable even for the casual viewer

Forgot to add pathetic special teams. Who couldn't see a blocked punt coming after so many close calls?

By the way, Fan1, I'd like to add that the whole game came apart for us when Yoder missed the extra point. We were like the Patriots before the miss, and the Bad News Bears afterwards.
This post was edited on 11/8 3:41 PM by SpiderRick

JMU vs UR for final playoff spot. by the look of things our guys dont want to go or are not good enough to go. Doesnt really matter anyway. Going to be damn near impossible to beat NDSU and win it all, which is the goal.

Don't burn Lauletta's redshirt. As for DR, if you can get an offer from FBS program, take it.

Rocco's decision making is horrible as for someone with experience panics and forces so many times. Even announcers are questioning Streeters calls. Cannot blame defense for scores with what offense leaves them for field position. Basketball please save us FROM this disappointment.

Belcher as a true freshman will soon be a top QB in the CAA.Maine will be in contention as soon as next season.Cosgrove is a sharp coach.He used the week to scout us very well.

0-5 on TO's doesn't beat many teams, not sure how that is coaching or play calling. Only if we are that predictable

"Burn the shirt"

You need to put the best players you have on the field. You owe it to these SRs.

I said this before the season and people called me crazy:

This is Strauss' team. He's earned it and he is one of of the top 5 QBs in the FCS. But he might be the 2nd most talented QB on this team and I was referencing KL. I watched him several times in scrimmages against the 1st and 2nd team D's and he looked better than anyone else out there.

Next week our playoffs start. If Strauss can't go you have to put the best players on the field.

anybody that got to see the game, how was the OL blocking? It sounded like MR was under pressure almost every play the entire game -- easy to make mistakes when running for your life

Maine blitzed a good amount. Rarely did we pick that up and throw short slants, other than the 4th down conversion.

Rocco was trying to throw deep under pressure too much. We could have schemed better to help counter their blitzs but it was also some pretty poor decision making.

First game I've been able to watch on TV, and we laid an egg. MR had time to throw, but made terrible decisions. The defense seemed to know who he was throwing to, and they were always well covered. I think Lauletta would be a big upgrade as QB over Rocco, but I pray that we don't go that direction. We have to win out the next two games, or look forward to next year.

TB, let's look forward to the rest of this year. And then the next two years with KL and them worry about 3+ years from now. Sound like a plan?

You guys should have bailed in the 3Rd quarter for Field Hockey like I did. OT winner! A10 champs!

Also, there were tons of students there.

This post was edited on 11/8 4:00 PM by MolivaManiac

I've been a fan of Coach Rocco but this keeping QB Rocco playing makes me question everything. Giving up a scholarship for a one and done QB who is not going to start is questionable. Playing one who has thrown 9 interceptions in three games is ridicules. You'd question Coach Rocco's judgment keeping any QB in with that kind of record but because it's his Nephew it really stinks. A one and done senior nephew should not be playing. This should have been a playoff year for us and the appearance of it is we've blown it because Coach Rocco insisted on playing his nephew.

Originally posted by TBSpyder:
Tsk, tsk, such negativity. ... ..........
I can't believe you said this.
laugh.r191677.gif
LOL. I also am surprised that people actually read the in game threads. But since they do, I will reiterate my points from last week. There were not too many mental mistakes that resulted in a too many points for Maine. The first INT was a good call by the coaches. The screens worked in the first series, so what not try the again. Even if Maine made the adjustment and Rocco threw the ball right to the Maine player for their first score.

This post was edited on 11/8 4:25 PM by Stonewall D

Originally posted by TBSpyder:

Is anyone arguing that Rocco is a better QB than Strauss?
Hmm.. Let's see after 6 turnovers, step back and look to see who is triple covered and launch it. Eventually, odds will be in your favor, right?

Now, back to field hockey. Richmond is A-10 champions for the 8th time in 13 years. Umass won the other 5.

Originally posted by MolivaManiac:
Walk off goal from Rebecca Barry. It was dramatic.
MO, I think you are being entirely too negative towards this football team. You are not being respectful of them. Afterall, they played hard and played their hearts out today. They deserve your praise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT