ADVERTISEMENT

Trump vs. Biden debate

Let’s say that, shockingly, Democrats don’t intervene to replace President Biden as their candidate.

Say, implausibly, 81-year-old Biden wins.

He won’t be getting any sharper.

During a second term, our president would continue to deteriorate, incapable of making proper decisions.

That would be a disaster for the United States.

On policy, Biden had no answer to the inflation or the border disaster, two of the most important issues to voters.

But sadly that’s almost beside the point.

Biden was so mumbling, so doddering, so lacking in command of the facts, that it overshadowed everything.

Asked about his age, Biden didn’t defend his acuity, instead started reminiscing about the old days, we think in the 1800s.

No wonder the White House keeps him hidden away, keeping him away from the press and public events.

The Democratic elite is pulling a con job on the American people, and it was exposed last night.

This from the Atlantic.

"President Joe Biden needs to end his campaign. The first presidential debate, held last night, was a disaster. It was clear from the outset that Biden looked old, sounded old, and yes, is in fact very, very old....

"Aides soon leaked that the president had a cold. Whatever. He hasn’t looked this bad in public for years. It was painful to watch, and it’s not getting better. The whispers were polite, deferential for a while. Eighty-one? Really? Is he up to this?

"Clearly not. Biden needs to step aside, for the sake of his own dignity, for the good of his party, for the future of the country. This debacle of a debate was a low point. It needs to be a turning point."

Not a Biden fan (nor his opponent). On domestic and foreign policy the Biden Administration has botched so many things, many badly. A weak Presidency, but find no joy in the President's poor performance last night.

If you have spent appreciable time around anyone with growing cognitive issues, you could see a performance like last night's coming just from observing him for the past couple of years. All the telltale signs have been evident and growing. He never should have been put in last night's situation by running for a second term. For this, I blame the "royal court", reluctant to cede their power and privilege, and, most particularly, the First Lady. She knows his cognitive state and could/should have talked him out of running.

Cruel to put him out there for all to see his cognitive decline. Cruel to run him for a second term. Let the man retire in dignity. There are others that can defeat Trump.

Not a Biden fan (nor his opponent). On domestic and foreign policy the Biden Administration has botched so many things, many badly. A weak Presidency, but find no joy in the President's poor performance last night.

If you have spent appreciable time around anyone with growing cognitive issues, you could see a performance like last night's coming just from observing him for the past couple of years. All the telltale signs have been evident and growing. He never should have been put in last night's situation by running for a second term. For this, I blame the "royal court", reluctant to cede their power and privilege, and, most particularly, the First Lady. She knows his cognitive state and could/should have talked him out of running.

Cruel to put him out there for all to see his cognitive decline. Cruel to run him for a second term. Let the man retire in dignity. There are others that can defeat Trump.
Who do you suggest the D's run?

Biden continues to be old and Trump continues to be a lying convicted felon, supporter of the Russians, abuser of women and the worst possible person this country has to offer.

I still think Biden won, but it was hard to watch Biden. I had a family member who suffered from and succumbed to vascular dementia. I suspect Joe Biden is in the advanced stages of the condition. Vascular dementia results from weakened blood vessels in the brain and causes mini strokes, called TIAs. It is connected to prior cardiovascular diseases.

President Biden has had two brain aneurysms, for which he had surgery. During his hospitalization after surgery, Biden, who was in the Senate at the time, suffered deep vein thrombosis and a pulmonary embolism. He is lucky to br alive. It is a testament to the quality of our Healthcare system.

Joe Biden acts just like my family member, the same blank stares, the inability to communicate, the confusion, wandering off on his own, the same childlike direction from loved ones. Within two years, one can expect Biden to suffer total cognitive failure. He won’t be able to communicate at all and he won't even be able to feed himself.

From here on, the decline will be precipitous. We haven't seen it, but those of us who have dealt with it first hand know the symptoms and the consequences.

Let's face it almost every adult male in the US over 80 will suffer from dementia.

This is just my experience.

Last edited:
This is the NY Times editorial on Joe Biden's condition and
I still think Biden won, but it was hard to watch Biden. I had a family member who suffered from and succumbed to vascular dementia. I suspect Joe Biden is in the advanced stages of the condition. Vascular dementia results from weakened blood vessels in the brain and causes mini strokes, called TIAs. It is connected to prior cardiovascular diseases.

President Biden has had two brain aneurysms, for which he had surgery. During his hospitalization after surgery, Biden, who was in the Senate at the time, suffered deep vein thrombosis and a pulmonary embolism. He is lucky to br alive. It is a testament to the quality of our Healthcare system.

Joe Biden acts just like my family member, the same blank stares, the inability to communicate, the confusion, wandering off on his own, the same childlike direction from loved ones. Within two years, one can expect Biden to suffer total cognitive failure. He won’t be able to communicate at all and he won't even be able to feed himself.

From here on, the decline will be precipitous. We haven't seen it, but those of us who have dealt with it first hand know the symptoms and the consequences.

Let's face it almost every adult male in the US over 80 will suffer from dementia.

This is just my experience.
I feel for Joe Biden. But his calamitous withdrawal from Afghanistan was on him. It was his error and the worst foreign policy disaster in the history of our country. It was unforgivable.

Here is the brutal NY Times opinion piece that was published Friday, June 28. It is a brutal assessment of Joe Biden's mental condition. They say he should withdraw from the race for the good of the country.

"President Biden has repeatedly and rightfully described the stakes in this November’s presidential election as nothing less than the future of American democracy....

[Insert invective about Trump]...

"At Thursday’s debate, the president needed to convince the American public that he was equal to the formidable demands of the office he is seeking to hold for another term. Voters, however, cannot be expected to ignore what was instead plain to see: Mr. Biden is not the man he was four years ago.

"The president appeared on Thursday night as the shadow of a great public servant. He struggled to explain what he would accomplish in a second term. He struggled to respond to Mr. Trump’s provocations. He struggled to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his lies, his failures and his chilling plans. More than once, he struggled to make it to the end of a sentence."

It continues...

As it stands, the president is engaged in a reckless gamble. There are Democratic leaders better equipped to present clear, compelling and energetic alternatives to a second Trump presidency. There is no reason for the party to risk the stability and security of the country by forcing voters to choose between Mr. Trump’s deficiencies and those of Mr. Biden. It’s too big a bet to simply hope Americans will overlook or discount Mr. Biden’s age and infirmity that they see with their own eyes....

But given that very danger, the stakes for the country and the uneven abilities of Mr. Biden, the United States needs a stronger opponent to the presumptive Republican nominee. To make a call for a new Democratic nominee this late in a campaign is a decision not taken lightly, but it reflects the scale and seriousness of Mr. Trump’s challenge to the values and institutions of this country and the inadequacy of Mr. Biden to confront him.

This is the worst indictment of Biden’s handlers and enablers.

Supporters of the president are already explaining away Thursday’s debate as one data point compared with three years of accomplishments. But the president’s performance cannot be written off as a bad night or blamed on a supposed cold, because it affirmed concerns that have been mounting for months or even years. Even when Mr. Biden tried to lay out his policy proposals, he stumbled. It cannot be outweighed by other public appearances because he has limited and carefully controlled his public appearances....

Democrats who have deferred to Mr. Biden must now find the courage to speak plain truths to the party’s leader. The confidants and aides who have encouraged the president’s candidacy and who sheltered him from unscripted appearances in public should recognize the damage to Mr. Biden’s standing and the unlikelihood that he can repair it.

Joe did say that not one soldier died on his watch.
Can you put yourself in the shoes of the parents and other loved ones whose military relatives were killed in the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan and the drone strike in Jordan? In one of the lowest points during his presidential showdown with Donald Trump, Biden seemingly forgot about the 16 troops who have died in overseas attacks over his tenure in the White House, including the 13 in Kabul on Aug. 26, 2021, and another three in Jordan just five months ago.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Can you put yourself in the shoes of the parents and other loved ones whose military relatives were killed in the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan and the drone strike in Jordan? In one of the lowest points during his presidential showdown with Donald Trump, Biden seemingly forgot about the 16 troops who have died in overseas attacks over his tenure in the White House, including the 13 in Kabul on Aug. 26, 2021, and another three in Jordan just five months ago.
I agree, terrible mistake by Biden. But can you put yourself in the shoes of the parents and other loved ones whose military relatives were killed in wars and have them be called "suckers and losers" by Trump? Of course, the lying Trump denies saying it, but I'll take General Kelly's word over Trump 7 days a week. At least Biden has shown respect for our military and ends every speech with "God Bless Our Troops". Trump apparently could care less about out military unless he's looking for a way to make the military about himself.

Reactions: urfan1
This is the NY Times editorial on Joe Biden's condition and
I feel for Joe Biden. But his calamitous withdrawal from Afghanistan was on him. It was his error and the worst foreign policy disaster in the history of our country. It was unforgivable.
Yeah, finally ending an endless war and finally ending the waste of billions of dollars was a much worse foreign policy decision than Vietnam. Or the totally botched invasion of Iraq, resulting in the deaths of thousands. Mission accomplished! Or supporting the Shah. Or stationing American Marines in Beirut so 250 of them can be killed. Or murdering Salvadore Allende.

Biden Derangement Syndrome. A very bad case.

Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski wrote on social media that Biden should now responsibly manage a succession plan.

“Marcus Aurelius was a great emperor but he screwed up his succession by passing the baton to his feckless son Commudos (He, from the Gladiator). Whose disastrous role started Rome’s decline. It’s important to manage one’s ride into the sunset,” he wrote.

Another Polish diplomat didn’t mince their words, calling Biden’s performance “a horror, what a car crash.”

Post-debate, it wasn’t just Democrats raising the prospect of replacing Biden on the ticket for November — foreign diplomats were also wondering whether Democrats could turn to a plan B.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT