ADVERTISEMENT

TROLLS LINE UP HERE......

92 listen to the youngster 97, let's enjoy this one. Wish you all were there. Much better than TV!!!

Originally posted by 97spiderfan:

I don't think most of us are just blindly absolving the past 4 years because we beat VCU on their court, I sure as heck am not. At the same time, come on, there is a time and a place for everything. We got a huge road win over our rival, who was ranked #14, at their place. Let's enjoy it for a couple days.
Exactly. Yes, we could be in much better position because this is now a tournament team we have, but when its VCU we beat at their place everything goes out the door temporarily. The season has had its dissapointments and we could talk about those if we beat a bad team on the road, but wait a while after this one.

This one is awesome, especially sitting in the arena for a while afterwards

to me 92, am not celebrating or happy because we are going to postseason, it is because they have owned us and we needed a win like this and all of us should be extremely happy about it. it is about beating rpi not that we are going to dance or anywhere in the postseason. some of you guys do seem like rpi people not SPIDS. any SPID should be wildly excited about beating this team.

Yep, just a phenomenal day for us all around. If the trade off was to lose every road game and then win this one, I might have even signed up for that at the beginning of the year, who knows. We need to get back on the radar locally, and this helps a LOT. Sweeping them would do wonders.

Just as important, we are now only 2 game back of first place in the league, with home games against the top 2 teams remaining. And VCU now will not have Weber the rest of the way. We have plenty of time to make some real noise in the league and set ourselves up for a nice run in Brooklyn. I really wish we'd won some of those OOC games because we'd probably be approaching the bubble if we had, but nothing we can do about that now except to keep winning.

Well, it appears that the real trolls are hiding in their mommas basement. I've gotta go, but here's 2 words for you:

hhh-crotch-chop-o.gif

Personally I wouldn't bother posting in their forum but them talking trash no doubt made the victory sweeter. Don't think they will visit any time soon.

If you want a good laugh, check out their thread predicting the score of the game. Most of them were only off by 40 or 50 points, give or take. And they call us arrogant....

They DESERVE to predict that they would win....and win by a lot. you know why? because they are a far and away a better program. we are no where near their level, face it folks

This post was edited on 2/1 11:09 AM by URfan92

92, no doubt most here realize what you say is true, but as my mom always said, "talk is cheap" and sure was yesterday. We need to enjoy this while we can.

92 I predicted RPI would win by 69-61 because I didn't think we could overcome the usual huge ref bias there. Also, I had no reason to believe we we out rebound them by a huge margin. Where did that come from? Haven't seen that against any team in 10 years.

Great win. Stunning surprise. 26 is correct:; does not negate past but sure was sweet to win there. My prediction was way off. Shaka cannot coach a half court offense. Our players well prepared to laugh at havoc which really was ho-hum. Kudos to CM, staff and team.

Our win over the Rams was that much sweeter because of their hyper inflated opinion of how great they are. It is an undisputed fact that the score of the game yesterday at the gym on Broad Street amidst all the bricks and concrete was Richmond 64 RPI 52 - no wait they counted that unguarded 3 at the buzzer and the corrected final score was Richmond 64 RPI 55. The sweetness of the victory is unaffected by any other games we played or are yet to play this season. It is a sad life if you can't find joy in the outcome of this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT