ADVERTISEMENT

The Finest Three Minutes in the Spiders FCS Era?

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

with the FCS Playoffs beginning and the basketball team heading for Cedar Rapids what could be better than to celebrate arguably the most dramatic and important drive in Richmond football history...

any Spiders fan who watched these three minutes probably has a good story to tell about where they were and how crazy it got...it was electric and unforgettable...the team had so much momentum after this win that the Grizzlies never knew what hit them in Chattanooga..

13 years later it seems like we are miles and miles away from this level of FCS Playoff battle, but I will not give up hope that we can get back there some day...

Go Spiders!

Was there. The two UNI grads who were sitting beside me shaking car keys in my face all day disappeared before I could turn to them after Stewart caught the TD pass. What an experience!!

Reactions: 32counter
"The Drive" epitomizes what most on this board want from our sports' teams.

Whether you are for or against Mooney, whether you are for or against Huesman, we ALL want UR to be relevant, for our teams to dig deep in critical situations, to show grace under pressure, to succeed, and not just compete for, but to win, championships.

Will watch this clip a few times tonight to refresh in my mind what Spider sports can be, bc am so tired of us being irrelevant, in large part for years, in both major revenue sports.

Need not be this way! Somebody in power needs to do something beyond sitting on their hands. Great universities seriously seek to be the best in ALL aspects of their operations....including athletics!

Watching the Wake Forest game and can only imagine what our football program could be if Dave Clawson was in charge. Even though he had moved on, his recruiting enabled the Spiders that National Championship.
It was the greatest 5 weeks of trips that I have ever had in sports. So thankful that us 3 Spider Alumni Brothers 🥜 choose to attend them all. It is the only thread of hope that keeps me still
following🕸🕷🏈

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT