ADVERTISEMENT

Thatcher's grandchild

urfan1

Jan 9, 2003
From RTD

Thatcher grandchild is UR student-athlete

From staff reports

Margaret Thatcher's Richmond roots extend to a third generation: Her granddaughter attends the University of Richmond.

Amanda Thatcher is a UR freshman from Dallas, where her mother, the first wife of Thatcher's son, Richard, lives.

The late British prime minister, who served for seven years as chancellor of the College of William and Mary, was a personal friend of a UR professor and visited the campus in 2004.

Amanda Thatcher is on the UR track and field team, according to the Richmond Spiders web­site. As a high-school se­nior, she won a district title in the 300-meter hurdles to qualify for Texas region­al finals and recorded a top time of 45.4 seconds in the event along with a per­sonal- best leap of 35 feet, 4 inches in the triple jump.

Her name appears on a petition protesting UR's decision last fall to cut men's track and soccer, and she was inducted this month into Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society.

actually just watched IRON LADY a few weeks ago, she was a pistol and this is pretty cool. just glad the granddaughter was not a grandson and getting ready to be run off campus.

After listening to Amanda Thatcher's reading from Ephesians 6 there is no doubt her grandmother would be very proud of her.

she is a real cutie and looking at that one pic when she was a little girl and now to look at that face, she has this impish way about her and bet she is fun to be around. glad she is a SPID

Anyone know if she is one of the many track team members (men and women) that decided to transfer, at year's end, after the men's team was terminated?

Fan, could you be more specific on what "many" equals. does anyone know if we are going to lose our coaches who have done such a superb job over the last number of years?

Coaches, we may lose them, but the fact that budgets are what they are may keep them here. I have heard that other opportunities are available for them.

Many is the best I can tell you. I have heard quite a few, men and women, have discussed transfering -- time will tell if they do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT