ADVERTISEMENT

Spiders basketball success is in the rear view mirror

I agree. I think a realistic expectation is to be in the conversation 3 out of every 4 years with NCAA bids coming 1-2 of those years and NIT invites the other 1-2 years. If we see 2 NCAAs and 1 NIT in Mooney's final 4 years, and his recruiting doesn't slip, I think we extend him.

Extension and Mooney in the same sentence makes me laugh.

97, speaking of laughing, greatly enjoying the least favorable image of CM you could find to replace Wonder Boy. Good stuff.

Regards,

Burton

Actually you can find a number of good reaction shots for most coaches
chris-mooney-richmond-spiders-basketball-plays-princeton-offense-basketball-playbook-basketball-drills.jpg

richmond-spiders-coach-chris-mooney.jpg

Chris_Mooney_Yell.jpg

0401chrismooney608.jpg

52b762a7ab681.image.jpg

5138034777dc3.image.jpg

I hope I see this one at the end of a couple of games next season
gettyimages-515172400.jpg

Last edited:
Stills from video are often hilarious.
Too often Mooney looks like Steve Martin's kid in Parenthood.
While Wade always reminds me of Eddie Haskell in every photo.

Reactions: mcspider
blow a year of eligibility? PF already redshirted a year.
would this argument be different if we did get in a couple of years ago when we were the #1 NIT seed?
the comparisons to Dooley are way off, too. we didn't have a Dooley year this season.
I loved the Tarrant years, but how many of Tarrant's teams were earning at-large bids? he won CAA tournaments to get in.
you guys obviously think CM is a worse coach than I do. I think he's a good coach when he has the right players. yes it's on him to get those players, and I think now he is getting them. so I believe he'll win with them again.
Spiderman, you may be interested in the following!

John O'Connor | Posted Feb 19, 2010

In 1986 B.B. (Before Bracketology), the University of Richmond played its way into a national ranking (No. 20) and an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament.

5th year as coach and in the CAA at the time. This was their second appearance (first in 84) Also, went to the NIT his first year. Built his foundation from nothing!!!!! No comparison in the resources he had versus CM!

Spiderman, you may be interested in the following!

John O'Connor | Posted Feb 19, 2010

In 1986 B.B. (Before Bracketology), the University of Richmond played its way into a national ranking (No. 20) and an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament.

5th year as coach and in the CAA at the time. This was their second appearance (first in 84) Also, went to the NIT his first year. Built his foundation from nothing!!!!! No comparison in the resources he had versus CM!
good find/memory, 9 legs. Newman's senior year. #20 must have been earlier in the year though if we were a #11 seed.
great season at 23-7. but lost the CAA championship to GMU and the 1st round game to St Joe's.

Anybody recognize this Spider?
It seems to me he pretty much symbolizes the feelings of most who have posted on this board the last several weeks.

xg8-jawQgUUvlKtxMOJlHq2d2ac6NzIbB6r6kgG9JKs

^^And, you guessed it, he works in customer service at a grocery store. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

good find/memory, 9 legs. Newman's senior year. #20 must have been earlier in the year though if we were a #11 seed.
great season at 23-7. but lost the CAA championship to GMU and the 1st round game to St Joe's.
believe this was the team that lost John Davis to a broken arm in mid February...prior to the injury I believe they were Coach Tarrant's best team ever...

unfortunately, we could not regain the great chemistry and momentum this group had prior to the loss of Davis...I think we lost to St. Joe's by 2

Go Spiders!
The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/127760237246257/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT