ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Club 2015 FY End

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
I have heard that some very good news will soon be reported on the Spider Club's giving year. Both donor #'s and $$$ goals for the year were exceeded by a decent margin. This should send a great message about athletics to Pres. Crutcher as he gets acclimated in his new role.

Thanks to AV, JC, LK and everyone that contributed to the cause.

Thanks for the good news, have to keep the younger donors joining the crowd to replace the old geezers as they move on.

Jasmonn Coleman retires from the football broadcast booth after ten seasons in order to focus on his game day duties with the Spider Club and as Assistant Athletic Director for Development.Show me the money.....Keep the momentum.

Former Spider captain and All-Conference standout Chris Anderson.

Anderson played defensive back for the Spiders from 1995-1999.

"July 17, 2015
Did You Know?

4,823 undergraduate alumni have given every one of the last three years!
978 undergraduate alumni supported UR at the leadership level ($1,000+) this year!

UR's most philanthropic classes in 2014-15:
1. Class of 1965 - 157donors; 48% of the class
2. Class of 2010 - 274donors; 41% of the class
3. Class of 1985 - 207donors; 34% of the class
4. Class of 1995 - 214donors; 32% of the class
5. Class of 1990 - 190donors; 32% of the class

Thank You, Spiders!
The University’s 2014-15 fiscal year closed on June 30. You supported the University this past fiscal year, and for that we want to say THANK YOU!And we want you to know you’re in good company! This past year, 8,311 undergraduate alumni made a gift to Richmond; that’s about 25 percent of our worldwide Spider web. We’re proud and grateful that number has risen steadily over the past three years, but we still have room to improve. Many of our peer schools like Davidson College and Washington & Lee boast alumni participation rates 10 and even 20 points higher than ours. Strong alumni support signals pride and “customer satisfaction” to national rankings like U.S. News & World Report and to the savvy prospective students we want to attract.

Your collective impact was $7.4 million in current use funds this year. This includes unrestricted gifts to the Annual Fund, which allows the University to direct dollars to the areas of greatest need, and restricted gifts to the academic schools, the Spider Club, student organizations, and more. These dollars are absolutely essential to the vibrancy of our University – our people, our programs, and our grounds. We thank you for generosity, and we ask for your continued support in this and every fiscal year."

Last edited:
Wonder how much was actually given to the Spider Club. 2800 donors for a total of 1.3 M would be my guess.

Would like to see a demographic breakdown. I bet that a large percentage would be from central VA.

Would like to see a demographic breakdown. I bet that a large percentage would be from central VA.

Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but being close puts butts in the seats and (I’m guessing), dollars in the till

I believe Mo is correct, especially with seat licensing and season ticket sales making up a portion of the revenue.

If the above numerics are correct it means that the average contribution from all giving alums amounted to $890($7.4m/8311 donors).
Contained in that amount is an average Spider Club contribution of $465($1.3m/2800 donors)which is significantly less than the overall alum average.
Maybe that's why Jas is leaving the broadcast booth in order to concentrate all his time on Spider Club responsibilities in order to raise dinero.If each Spider Club contribution equalled the overall average alum contribution,it would have tallied an additional $1.2m for the school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT