ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v. Wade: Gone Forever; Dobbs is here to stay.

Assuming arguendo, that they story is true, the rapist was an illegal immigrant let in by the Biden Administration. So, Biden allowed the dirt ball in- he rapes a girl and Biden blames Ohio and the Supreme Court for it.

In addition, the doctor who released the information committed a HIPAA violation, a clear breach of protocol and Federal law. Such people sacrifice the privacy of a young child for the sake of a talking point. She can never be trusted with sensitive data. Talk about a career limiting move.

I keep playing along with your insanity, but anyway... Is every illegal immigrant in this country now supposed to be Biden's fault? You realize that plenty were here before he was elected, plenty came in when Trump was president, plenty come in during every presidency. Do you even know when this guy is alleged to have arrived in the US? I doubt it, since that article says nothing about it. But feel free to present your evidence that he was invited in by Biden.

Reactions: urfan1
I think I saw this

“Court records say the alleged rape occurred on May 12. Detectives said in court that police were made aware of the girl’s pregnancy through a referral filed with the local child services’ branch by her mother on June 22. Eight days later, the girl had the abortion in Indianapolis.”

The Wall Street Journal recants...
"It appears President Biden was accurate when he related a story about a 10-year-old Ohio girl who was raped and traveled to Indiana for an abortion. We wondered Tuesday about the case, after no one had confirmed its accuracy or any public report of the crime, though the story had made the media rounds for nearly two weeks....
The country needs to find a rough consensus on abortion now that it has returned to the states and the political process. One way to help is to make sure that stories about abortion, from either side of the debate, can be readily confirmed. Passions are already heated enough."

I keep playing along with your insanity,.. Is every illegal immigrant in this country now supposed to be Biden's fault? ....
The Customs and Border Patrol reported more than 1.06 encounters for Q1 2022, there were 234,000 in April and 239,000 in May. That is about 1.5 million illegal immigrants crossing into this country in 5 months. That puts the country on track to have more than 3 million in 2022. The vast majority are released into the country. Yes, I would say this dirtball perp came in under Bidens watch. A 28 year old who rapes a 10 year old has done it before. This scumbag came here intending to rape a young girl again.

Not where I am. A realist, not an absolutist (said this before, but on our Board repeated expressions of same viewpoint are allowed :) ).

Safe legal and rare. As in Europe, past 12 to 15 weeks if no action has been taken another beating heart has been introduced to the equation which should be protected as a human.

Just asking for folks to take reproductive responsibility as seriously as reproductive rights.

Too much of an ask?

Reactions: Gallipoli
An interesting part of all this is I haven’t found any articles with a round table discussions of obgyns discussing problem pregnancies nor have I read about any politicians deferring to them for answers. A sad part is the lack of proper medical access for all mothers, impacting when problem pregnancies affecting the health of the mother or chromosomal issues of the fetus might be discovered and the possible solutions and the risks involved in some testing. An example amniocentesis is performed 15-20 weeks. There are risks with the procedure. There is a time period to get the test results. Add an additional layer that most second ultrasounds also occur during this period. So excited couple goes in for second ultrasound to learn sex of baby and doctor discovers an abnormality and suggests amino. If the fetus is not viable as chromosomes failed to line up properly any statutory mandated timeline pushed by some of these states over rides all medical options normally available to that mother/couple, and is this good? Note this example is for a couple with great healthcare. Now consider those without access to good medical care.

The Peoples representatives, not an unelected court, decide either way?

Last edited:
Not where I am. A realist, not an absolutist (said this before, but on our Board repeated expressions of same viewpoint are allowed :) ).

Safe legal and rare. As in Europe, past 12 to 15 weeks if no action has been taken another beating heart has been introduced to the equation which should be protected as a human.

Just asking for folks to take reproductive responsibility as seriously as reproductive rights.

Too much of an ask?
I don't think any of that is unreasonable at all. I would allow for abortions beyond that period in circumstances when the mother's life is at risk, too.

Reactions: KE Spider
I don't think any of that is unreasonable at all. I would allow for abortions beyond that period in circumstances when the mother's life is at risk, too.
Compromise is the word of the day. Compromise is the best approach to develop long term stability on the issue. IMHO, that will not happen at the federal level. Once that happens the venom will subside.

Compromise only works when both sides are willing to compromise. Otherwise it who blinks first.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Or who is on top...No one wins in this situation.
Agreed, our system has become way to partisan Who has power control without compromise or consideration. I blame many of our issues on our current primary system and gerrymandering. The middle has been emasculated.

It's easy for people to write off a story as fake and move on, when they have no interest in actually hearing the truth. Tucker Carlson flat out called the original story a lie (shocker: he was wrong), which is no doubt what prompted millions of Americans to regurgitate his constant garbage.

It's much more difficult and time-consuming to actually look stories like this and find the truth, as this reporter did. Hopefully this is a lesson to the would-be conspiracy theorists, though I'm sure it won't be.

Applaud this reporter for living up to the standards we all used to expect from the press. Ferret out the facts, report them fairly, and leave your personal opinions at the door of the newsroom.

Would note initially there was no indication of a police referral and the Indiana doctor had a reputation as a outspoken abortion supporter/advocate. Under the circumstances, the child was still entitled to an abortion in Ohio. Putting these together, doubting the veracity of the story before additional facts came to light does not seem far fetched.

Would suggest Russian Collusion falls more closely in line with "conspiracy theorists". Did not happen. It was a dirty campaign trick that took on legs of its own. The country was put through hell for 3 years with the press eagerly whipping the flames of a lie through an unending stream of anonymous sources with an ax to grind.

The abortion story as reported by this reporter is the press at its best: the collusion story as reported by MSM is the press at its worst.

Said by a non Trump supporter.

Pretty powerful testimony that seemed to sway some lawmakers.

Children are a gift from God.

If I were this girl's parents, I would have already talked with her about the facts of life. Fact one, if you don't want a kid, don't get pregnant. Fact two, premarital copulation is a one way ticket to getting pregnant. Fact three, if you are going to have premarital copulation, for heavens sake use protection. Fact four, you need to be responsible for your behavior; the fastest way to grow up is to have a child. Fact five, if you do get pregnant, please come talk to your parents.

Pretty powerful testimony that seemed to sway some lawmakers.

" Lawmakers voted to amend the bill to add exceptions for victims of rape and incest."

Appears her voice was heard. Great example of how our system works.

G, really? Did you read what she said?

“I play for varsity volleyball and I run track. My education is very important to me, and I plan on doing great things in life,” Addison Gardner of Buffalo Middle School told lawmakers during a special session. “If a man decides that I’m an object, and does unspeakable, tragic things to me, am I, a child, supposed to carry and birth another child?”

Children are a gift from God.

If I were this girl's parents, I would have already talked with her about the facts of life. Fact one, if you don't want a kid, don't get pregnant. Fact two, premarital copulation is a one way ticket to getting pregnant. Fact three, if you are going to have premarital copulation, for heavens sake use protection. Fact four, you need to be responsible for your behavior; the fastest way to grow up is to have a child. Fact five, if you do get pregnant, please come talk to your parents.
G: Fact six people are not perfect, fact seven, if you expect perfection you will be disappointed.

G: Fact six people are not perfect, fact seven, if you expect perfection you will be disappointed.
In all of this, there has been little discussion about personal responsibility. Should the college student who fathers 5 abortions be responsible? What about the woman who gets an abortion for convenience?

" Lawmakers voted to amend the bill to add exceptions for victims of rape and incest."

Appears her voice was heard. Great example of how our system works.
Yes, it is a good example. Compromise through the political process is the best way to deal with this issue.

G, really? Did you read what she said?

“I play for varsity volleyball and I run track. My education is very important to me, and I plan on doing great things in life,” Addison Gardner of Buffalo Middle School told lawmakers during a special session. “If a man decides that I’m an object, and does unspeakable, tragic things to me, am I, a child, supposed to carry and birth another child?”
According to the Guttmacher Institute, less than .5% of all abortions result from a rape, based on a study conducted in 2014. According to the state of Florida, less than .1% of all rapes in 2020 resulted from incest. Let's agree that abortions are appropriate in cases of rape, incest, and to protect the life of the mother.

Last edited:
Here is a chart from the Guttmacher Institute's study in 2014. It seems that 4) interference with education or career, 6) don't want to be a single mother, 7) done having children, 8) can't afford a baby and 9) not ready for a child, can all be regarded as "for the convenience of the mother". That accounts for about 79% of all abortions.

PercentageReason
<0.5%Victim of rape
3%Fetal health problems
4%Physical health problems
4%Would interfere with education or career
7%Not mature enough to raise a child
8%Don't want to be a single mother
19%Done having children
23%Can't afford a baby
25%Not ready for a child
6%Other

G, where do men fit into your arguments except to impregnate women and then make the women’s healthcare decisions without any responsibility? Men are forcing women to carry unwanted pregnancies and can walk away using any of the above reasons, 4-10 and have no consequences.

G, where do men fit into your arguments except to impregnate women and then make the women’s healthcare decisions without any responsibility? Men are forcing women to carry unwanted pregnancies and can walk away using any of the above reasons, 4-10 and have no consequences.
People have unprotected copulation and always know there is an out- a final solution. Life is cheap these days.

Since the advent of abortion rights in the US, more than 60 million Americans have been sacrificed on the alter of the final solution of choice. Like the survivors of Nazi concentration camps, there have been survivors of abortion. These are people who own mothers wanted to kill them. Who survived attempts to have their skulls crushed and their brains suctioned out in the womb. Who society wanted to cast off in a garbage can. Whose body parts society wanted to sell off in the name of scientific progress.

Again, using the state of Mississippi for specifics, it got what it wanted in overturning Roe. It is also blithely accepting that it “ranks last, or close to last, in almost every leading health outcome” and where "8.5 live births per 1000 end in death before the celebration of a first birthday” (Health Equity - Mississippi State Department of Health). Is the idea to ensure birth in order for a significant portion to die before one complete year of life and another meaningful number live in poverty and/or abusive situations with more deaths occurring along the way? Wouldn’t a balanced look at this, at best, say there is an indifferent acceptance of a “final solution” (I personally think this is an inappropriate use of the term here but I will go with the term as employed previously) post birth as well? ProLife should mean supporting life after birth as well.

Here's one- Virgina Democrat wants to murder newborn babies.

“Virginia Governor Ralph Northam ... stated clearly and directly that when a child is born alive during an attempted abortion, she could be denied basic care and compassion, and left to die alone."

I am unable to access the article. The difference in your position and my position is about 9 months apart and I don’t believe either of us will change. More importantly to me is that your position grants our government decisional powers over the individual, you know that government your are admonishing in another thread.

I am unable to access the article. The difference in your position and my position is about 9 months apart and I don’t believe either of us will change. More importantly to me is that your position grants our government decisional powers over the individual, you know that government your are admonishing in another thread.
No you quote some person in West Virginia, and I quoted the former governor of Virginia.

No I trust our democratic institutions to make the best decisions for those in each state. Compromise is a better approach. Jamming bad law down the throats of the American, without the consent of the governed, is bad policy.

The fundamental difference between us- I believe in our democratic institutions.

The people of Kansas have rejected a change to its state constitution that would have given the legislature the power to regulate abortion. Abortion as a right remains enshrined in that State's constitution. Good for Kansas. Democracy works.

And we should definitely never change it, ever, for any reason, because nothing has changed in the world at all since then…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT