ADVERTISEMENT

Presbyterian

I believe our top seven guys can all be considered as "starters," due to their minutes. Also agree that Khwan Fore deserves more minutes, based on his recent outstanding play. Today was his "career game," in my view, since he really seemed to put it all together, with some excellent shooting, double-figures scoring, and some tight defense too. Likewise, Marshall Wood has earned co-starter minutes. I would expect all of our top 7 guys to get 20+ minutes most of the time, depending on fouls, and who is hot. After the top 7, there has been a drop-off, and one of our team goals should probably be to get Pistol, JJ and Paul enough time so that they will not be "rusty," when they come off the bench.

Jesse needs to more under control. He is like a super ball bouncing off walls. Julius is a tad slow to react on defense. Paul got a couple strong rebounds and
had a great assist, but missed a point blank shot. Kwan seems to be only frosh who plays under control and is good defender.

Would be great if CM could find a way to get PF 5 mins. or so a game. He moves well for a big man and you can't coach height.

Announced 6056 tickets out seems like a bit of a stretch but crowd was very solid for Noon on Tuesday.

Jesse needs to more under control. He is like a super ball bouncing off walls. Julius is a tad slow to react on defense. Paul got a couple strong rebounds and
had a great assist, but missed a point blank shot. Kwan seems to be only frosh who plays under control and is good defender.
Carolina, I wonder if that is because Fore has played so much more than the others?? There were some good things that happened today.
There was some very good ball movement with no dribbling and no holding the ball in stretches today. Some of this led to some easy baskets. Hopefully they can continue this. Terry Allen was his usual self and looked like he could have had thirty if he was interested. Fore played well and if he had made that dunk attempt that he was fouled on he might have been the team leader in dunks this year.
I would love to know how the seven guys who play most of the time"molded" from the 16 minute mark in the second half to the three minute mark when the big guy finally got in.I believe the lead was about 27 points in both cases. Someone posted that this was why the "coach" didn't play the bench players.
My question would be now that the A 10 is going to start, which games are games where the guys who didn't play at all today or who played for three or four minutes will have a better chance to play than they did today?
I would also love to know how not playing those three or four guys who didn't play at all is really going to make the whole team or those players better. I don't think they are all red shirt players are they?
I also wonder how many people who don't care if guys get to play even a couple of minutes were ever on a team where they busted their butts in practice but seldom or never got to play simply because there were other guys who were better than they were. I was on a very good team in high school in Ohio and although I played more than these poor guys, there were a couple of thirty point games where I only played two or three minutes. Those were pretty tough to take.

Carolina, I wonder if that is because Fore has played so much more than the others?? There were some good things that happened today.
There was some very good ball movement with no dribbling and no holding the ball in stretches today. Some of this led to some easy baskets. Hopefully they can continue this. Terry Allen was his usual self and looked like he could have had thirty if he was interested. Fore played well and if he had made that dunk attempt that he was fouled on he might have been the team leader in dunks this year.
I would love to know how the seven guys who play most of the time"molded" from the 16 minute mark in the second half to the three minute mark when the big guy finally got in.I believe the lead was about 27 points in both cases. Someone posted that this was why the "coach" didn't play the bench players.
My question would be now that the A 10 is going to start, which games are games where the guys who didn't play at all today or who played for three or four minutes will have a better chance to play than they did today?
I would also love to know how not playing those three or four guys who didn't play at all is really going to make the whole team or those players better. I don't think they are all red shirt players are they?
I also wonder how many people who don't care if guys get to play even a couple of minutes were ever on a team where they busted their butts in practice but seldom or never got to play simply because there were other guys who were better than they were. I was on a very good team in high school in Ohio and although I played more than these poor guys, there were a couple of thirty point games where I only played two or three minutes. Those were pretty tough to take.
Preaching to choir as had D1 soccer player son who sat on bench till started senior year and that was
not a given. Ended up MVP in SoCon tournament which made all those struggling moments worthwhile. I feel
for those guys but character is being built. I know my son was frustrated to have great week of practice and not
get in at all, but he never showed it on the bench. CM is for most part consistent with how he has treated newcomers over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT