ADVERTISEMENT

PG is the key to this season

I can respect your opinion here, but we can just keep disagreeing on Goose. He needs to start and play a lot. He is way too good defensively to not play a ton of minutes. If Burton didn't come back, and if we didn't get any transfers in here, I could maybe see why you would want more scoring at his spot, but with who we will have out there with him, we won't need a lot of scoring from him. The good thing there though is he is still capable of giving us some double digit games.

I am thinking Grace's minutes will vary more. A lot will depend on match ups and a lot also might depend on how well Quinn and Bigelow do. But, he is solid, and, like Goose, is very capable of providing offense. Whether he starts or not, I see him having several games with 20+ minutes for us.
it's likely Goose starts. possibly even Grace. we don't know how Roche and Bigelow among others will do here this year. we don't know how big a jump Crabtree and Dji and others make this year.

maybe I'm just hoping someone supplants Goose and Grace in the starting lineup. I just don't think either is a big enough scorer. this roster (and it's a good roster) has too many offensive question marks in the starting lineup you project.

Quinn is stepping up from the PL. I know he had good numbers at Layayetter but I absolutely do not expect him to be the same level of offensive player as Golden. I do expect him to be a good passer.
Nelson has talent. I don't expect him to be Gilyard offensively. adding Goose and Grace to those two puts a ton on Burton. and while I do expect big things from him and his game will develop further, he hasn't been one to create his own shot that much.

we're counting on being improved defensively (and I'm not so sure we will be). but we'll still need to score.

Good points Spider-Man. It will be interesting to see what the defense and rebounding morph into this coming year. Opposition won’t be trying to find Gilyard all the time (mainly because having the ball stolen from you is embarrassing). He was certainly a disrupter on defense. Grant never played much defense and Grace is very foul prone. Cayo was adequate on D and Nick just wasn’t able anymore. Tyler was getting better, but still usually a half step slow. Goose plays hard and has to be annoying as hell to whomever he is guarding.
Hopefully this 7 footer will help Burton on the boards and play a little defense around the rim. I think Dji, Goose, Grace and Crabtree will help out too. I would hope this more athletic team will rebound a little better as a whole, but will Mooney let them?

The PG position will be a total unknown, but is the only position on the floor Mooney knows how to handle. I will trust him with the PG.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
it's likely Goose starts. possibly even Grace. we don't know how Roche and Bigelow among others will do here this year. we don't know how big a jump Crabtree and Dji and others make this year.

maybe I'm just hoping someone supplants Goose and Grace in the starting lineup. I just don't think either is a big enough scorer. this roster (and it's a good roster) has too many offensive question marks in the starting lineup you project.

Quinn is stepping up from the PL. I know he had good numbers at Layayetter but I absolutely do not expect him to be the same level of offensive player as Golden. I do expect him to be a good passer.
Nelson has talent. I don't expect him to be Gilyard offensively. adding Goose and Grace to those two puts a ton on Burton. and while I do expect big things from him and his game will develop further, he hasn't been one to create his own shot that much.

we're counting on being improved defensively (and I'm not so sure we will be). but we'll still need to score.
T.Y.!!!!! Replace Golden and Gilly with Nelson and Quinn but expect that we’ll have enough scoring and play making!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT