ADVERTISEMENT

Old School

CarolinaSpider

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2006
Spiders beat VCU 7-0 first game and unlike normal baseball today, the starting pitcher goes 9 innings, throwing 110 pitches.
Unheard of in modern baseball.

Reactions: Ferrum Spider
Totally stunned to see that score, considering the dumpster fire our pitching staff has been this year. But if you only get a guy once a week, better get your money's worth out of him.

I was watching a game on the stream today. Marist led Canisius 17-2 after 5.5. It ended up 18-17, Marist, and the Griffins had the winning run on base in the 9th. Yesterday was 17-12. Pitching is at a premium in the MAAC.

Why are there so many walks given up? I once had kid in Babe Ruth who had great fastball and curve and in
one inning gave up 4 walks because he tried to throw three other kinds of pitches. I gave ultimatum that for
rest of game he had only two pitches he could throw and there were no more walks and he won game. May be
that is why there is so much Tommy John surgery due to all the extreme pressure on the elbow from contorting
the arm release. Sorry for the rant, but honestly I don’t know if pitching has improved over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT