ADVERTISEMENT

Oddo to the ville

My guess is I am far from alone, and a lot of people agree with me that not only Blake, Nick, and Grant, but all 5 starters will all return and be here next year as well. Yes, I would take that bet and even give odds to people I know, but, sorry, I just don't think betting with people you don't know on a message board is the smartest thing to do out there, especially as angry as people get on here.

Interesting that you chose to quote me. I am not a betting man myself (although I did like GKiller's board bet ideas, I haven't been on this board long enough to see any).

I am simply questioning your conviction. Nick hasn't even stepped on the court yet, but you are 100% certain he is coming back next year. What if he can't get back to the level of play he desires? What if the Spiders make the NCAAs this year and Grant decides he wants to play overseas instead of going to grad school? I simply don't see any basis for your "sure thing". This is what is making the other posters "angry".

Interesting that you chose to quote me. I am not a betting man myself (although I did like GKiller's board bet ideas, I haven't been on this board long enough to see any).

I am simply questioning your conviction. Nick hasn't even stepped on the court yet, but you are 100% certain he is coming back next year. What if he can't get back to the level of play he desires? What if the Spiders make the NCAAs this year and Grant decides he wants to play overseas instead of going to grad school? I simply don't see any basis for your "sure thing". This is what is making the other posters "angry".

Why does my opinion that they will all return mean I am saying it is a 100% "sure thing", but if others say they won't return, it is not saying "sure thing"?They are both opinions. Where did I ever say sure thing? A poster said they would not all return, and I think they will. Why can't it just be as simple as us disagreeing?

@VT4700 I guess my use of quotation marks is misunderstood (by you and @MrTbone perhaps) . I am not quoting anyone when I put a word or two in quotes. What I am trying to convey is that something is inferred (just so we are clear the definition of inferred is to "deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements", emphasis added by me, according to google).

Forums are often sources of misunderstanding because of word choice, inability to add inflection/tone, sarcasm, etc.

In my first post (that you did quote), I was expressing my bewilderment at your certainty. Perhaps you think of yourself as a little ray of sunshine, but others perceive you as too bright.

@VT4700 I guess my use of quotation marks is misunderstood (by you and @MrTbone perhaps) . I am not quoting anyone when I put a word or two in quotes. What I am trying to convey is that something is inferred (just so we are clear the definition of inferred is to "deduce or conclude (information) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements", emphasis added by me, according to google).

Forums are often sources of misunderstanding because of word choice, inability to add inflection/tone, sarcasm, etc.

In my first post (that you did quote), I was expressing my bewilderment at your certainty. Perhaps you think of yourself as a little ray of sunshine, but others perceive you as too bright.

What I quoted was you saying my optimism that they would return is unprecedented. I replied by saying I do not think I am alone in thinking this. I am surprised that you would be "bewildered by my certainty", when I was only giving my opinion on something that it would be impossible to be certain of.

Btw, who’s angry? I don’t see anyone being angry. At least not at the moment.

Tbone it’s just another straw man.

Oh I can’t bet you now because I’m afraid of meeting an “angry” guy on the corner to collect or pay it off.

PayPal or Venmo are the real “angry” ones.

We could use Straw Man to fill out our roster. He'd be able to spell Golden for a few minutes a game with an interior presence. He might suck the life out of the opposing team's offense for a few minutes, or at least drain them of some energy.

We could use Straw Man to fill out our roster. He'd be able to spell Golden for a few minutes a game with an interior presence. He might suck the life out of the opposing team's offense for a few minutes, or at least drain them of some energy.
I really want to move on from this, but the opportunity is too good.

I bet a straw man would be great at taking a charge...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT