ADVERTISEMENT

No A10 teams in top 20?

I-M-UR

Graduate Assistant
Mar 10, 2006
With VCU's loss does the A10 now find itself with no top 20 teams? How many bids can the A10 hope to get?

if some top teams continue to struggle and with some of the power conferences piling up at larges, could be the tourney champ only. lot of games remaining but could be bad news though think we will get 2, maybe 3

Davidson is slipping, Dayton lost at big game at GW. I can't see all 3 of them plus VCU dancing. 2 or 3 (maximum) bids for us this year. Hopefully someone goes on a run and changes things.

A-10 lucky to get 3 in NCAA. Lost 3 best teams and the rest are average at best.

When there is enough parity within the league it is great for competition but unless some good OC wins it reduces chances of many NCAA teams.

The only really good out of conference win was GW's victory over Witchita State on a neutral site. RPI's "signature win" was their victory over Northern Iowa in double overtime at the Seagull Gym. To say RPI was over rated is an understatement. Check out not whom they played, but whom they beat.
smile.r191677.gif

Carolina I agree, It's why the OOC schedule and results are so important, not only for each team but the conference as a whole

Ulla -

VCU's RPI is 9. SOS is 9. (and that's with the absence of our two best players, both seniors, three games each)

Road win at Cincy (RPI #28). Road win at Rhody (#65). Road win @ Ill St (#94). Nine Top 100 wins. 9-4 vs Top 100.

Also beat Tennessee, Oregon, Davidson, GW, Northern Iowa, Toledo (all Top 100).

9-2 at the Siegel Center. 9-3 away from it. #23 in Ken Pom. Top 50 efficiency on both offense and defense thus far.

And an opportunity for six more Top 100 wins still on our schedule.

UR's RPI is 76.

You wish UR had our profile/numbers/results/NCAA appearances year after year.

I think many of you are just jealous, bitter, envious, angry, frustrated.

Great points, CAAGuy. I'll be looking for rpi to be in the latest Top20 on Monday afternoon.

I suspect that the A-10 will get 3 bids this year unless somebody like UR wins the tournament, then 4.

The 3-4 bids will not be based on merit, but I think that recent conference history and success will get them a pass this year. With VCU in trouble due to injuries, I do not think that this conference deserves more than 2 bids THIS YEAR.

The good news is that the A-10 tournament is absolutely wide open for anybody who gets on a roll. Would love to see the Spiders make it work for them!

I strongly suspect that lack of prowess is going to result in the A-10 teams being pummeled in the NCAA tournament.
Dayton is likely the only team with any chance at all of winning a NCAA tournament game, and I wouldn't bet the house on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT