ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Round 1 Game Thread @Virginia Tech - Tonight/Tuesday 9pm - ESPN2/ESPN+

I’m too focused on this 15 minute story of how one broadcaster emailed the other instead of texting him and now he’s sleepy. Who needs basketball when you have this type of storytelling coming through the speakers
They should take their shtick to a second rate comedy club.

Having flashbacks to our NIT game at UVA where the first foul they called against them in the second half came with like 2 minutes left.

Reactions: whampas
This team’s performance is so disheartening. The way they played these past few games is what I expected to begin the season. The team got our hopes up, won the conference regular season and thought they won the national championship. No urgency or fight with the exception of Dji and Bigelow.

Dji missed fts a killer. Not that it cost us we just didn’t have it, but makes it 4 pt game misses both then they nail a 3 to be up 10. Game over. He drives well and can get to line so I hope he really works on it this offseason.

wow, the nit doesn’t matter but I for sure thought we’d give va tech a better game. Season summary: non con told us all we needed to this team. 7-5 going into the a10 with no quad 1 or 2 wins, Mooney surprised us by winning games in the a10 and gave a lot of us hope but we should’ve known he has a problem winning under the bright lights. 3 straight losses to end a promising year. Onto next season (lord knows how it’s gonna go)

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Failure to get King any open shots over the last two weeks is baffling. But always having small guards means our guards can’t get off a shot, can’t drive, and get driven on by larger guards. . Also, failure to call timeouts until it’s out of reach is a consistent problem we see too often.
Mooney is a crappy coach. Have you not payed attention for 19 years. Some amazing player performances have elevated him over the years, like King this year, but he is bad at coaching D1 basketball. No reason to ever get emotionally vested in a team he coaches because when faced with an even near same talented team, with a better coach, he will lose almost every time.
We pressed, it was working, their coach made adjustments. We never changed anything.

Mooney is a crappy coach. Have you not payed attention for 19 years. Some amazing player performances have elevated him over the years, like King this year, but he is bad at coaching D1 basketball. No reason to ever get emotionally vested in a team he coaches because when faced with an even near same talented team, with a better coach, he will lose almost every time.
We pressed, it was working, their coach made adjustments. We never changed anything.
Never will! Same offense and zero offensive rebounding every year!

wow, the nit doesn’t matter but I for sure thought we’d give va tech a better game. Season summary: non con told us all we needed to this team. 7-5 going into the a10 with no quad 1 or 2 wins, Mooney surprised us by winning games in the a10 and gave a lot of us hope but we should’ve known he has a problem winning under the bright lights. 3 straight losses to end a promising year. Onto next season (lord knows how it’s gonna go)
Not that it matters but 8-5 and UNLV….

damn at the end I kept thinking OK get a stop here and knock down a three and we could cut it to X, instead the deficit just kept growing and growing and growing.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT