ADVERTISEMENT

New Digs inside Brickhouse

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
1st dibs of approx 70 seats will go to high end donors.SAF calls going out now.

If unfilled,then open to public.

Top 2 rows of middle blue section go away.

Season tix will go for $700 which includes food/refreshments.

Will likely cannabalise blue seats and not sure of effects on Red Zone.

we lost the diehard local football fans (mostly old football hacks, high school coaches and key players, walkups) when we moved on campus. All the “sold out” games are excuses not to advertise tickets for sale and offer walk up ticket opportunities. No advertising of available tickets fits as no buzz of local excitement is created. Remember the BH had end zone bleacher seating the first couple of years. I guess it was easier to remove them than create a marketing plan to sell them. Really, between the acceptance of nothing and not having to exert any energy to improve, our athletic department is just pitiful. I used to be mad but like them, I try not to care. I guess if I no longer post, its because I’ve totally given up.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Seems first priority should be putting more fannies in the cheap seats rather than enhanced amenities for a few. Attendance has generally been dreadful.
I know exactly how I feel about it. I'm getting thrown out of seats I've had since the stadium opened to accommodate this and I get an email telling me I'll be placed elsewhere. No phone call just an email. After I renewed my season tickets not before. I stopped going to basketball games because of that shitshow and now this. I get the improvement and upgrade. I don't like the way they go about things. An email 6 weeks before the season starts. Fat cats>little guy. F'em.

I know exactly how I feel about it. I'm getting thrown out of seats I've had since the stadium opened to accommodate this and I get an email telling me I'll be placed elsewhere. No phone call just an email. After I renewed my season tickets not before. I stopped going to basketball games because of that shitshow and now this. I get the improvement and upgrade. I don't like the way they go about things. An email 6 weeks before the season starts. Fat cats>little guy. F'em.
I lost my seats also but I did get a phone call. They had "picked my new seats, asked if I wanted others, but nothing to look at only their description (no revised charts online). Did offer for me to meet them on campus to look at charts and seats, I cannot take the time from work now,

Haven't renewed my season tickets and don't plan to for the first time in 20+ years and it pains me to say it.

Its not about the lack of wins or that I think we are going to be bad, its about the overall unwillingness of this administration to adapt to the changing landscape of college athletics while gaslighting the few remaining fans left that they have everything under control or that this is the best they can do. I can deal with not winning, I can't deal with the "golly jeesh we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas, poor wittle Richmond its just so hard for us!"

I hate that it has come to this, but our AD is a bonified bum, unaccountable to anyone, collecting paychecks as a retirement gig just as the previous president was who hired him.

I refuse to pay old CAA ticket prices for a glorified MEAC home schedule in a 1/4 full stadium.

Best of luck to all the players and coaches this year, Ill be watching from the comfort of my home.

Last edited:
Don’t worry - they’ll just get new fans.

The real killer is that it feels like the AD is intentionally driving away fans so they can say “no one cares about football”.

As stated, we have an atrocious AD. I wish it would get fixed but the reality is that as this point I’m most likely to take on fandom of wherever my kids go to college. I’ll always have a fondness for UR but I can’t support this mess and the AD certainly doesn’t care about “fans like me”.

I’m not in hate the A.D. camp, which every school seems to have. But over the years our marketing
has been pathetic. It’s too bad the University does n’t have a business school where their marketing
department could assign projects to increase attendance.

Reactions: PalmTreeSpidUR
Haven't renewed my season tickets and don't plan to for the first time in 20+ years and it pains me to say it.

Its not about the lack of wins or that I think we are going to be bad, its about the overall unwillingness of this administration to adapt to the changing landscape of college athletics while gaslighting the few remaining fans left that they have everything under control or that this is the best they can do. I can deal with not winning, I can't deal with the "golly jeesh we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas, poor wittle Richmond its just so hard for us!"

I hate that it has come to this, but our AD is a bonified bum, unaccountable to anyone, collecting paychecks as a retirement gig just as the previous president was who hired him.

I refuse to pay old CAA ticket prices for a glorified MEAC home schedule in a 1/4 full stadium.

Best of luck to all the players and coaches this year, Ill be watching from the comfort of my home.
I no longer buy season tickets for basketball and for the first time in my life I will not have football season tickets. The leadership at the school is an embarrassment. The school has totally lost its way. I might show up for a game if I can get free or 5 dollar ticket, but I can no longer support this institution with any meaningful time or money. Sad

The top two rows being removed — does that include seats where ticket holders paid a license fee in addition to the season ticket price?

Reactions: urfan1
I no longer buy season tickets for basketball and for the first time in my life I will not have football season tickets. The leadership at the school is an embarrassment. The school has totally lost its way. I might show up for a game if I can get free or 5 dollar ticket, but I can no longer support this institution with any meaningful time or money. Sad

Same.

Great project. The dozen exclusive families will have another place to be more exclusive. Whoopdey doo.

The top two rows being removed — does that include seats where ticket holders paid a license fee in addition to the season ticket price?
yes they are putting you back in that same section

Same.

Great project. The dozen exclusive families will have another place to be more exclusive. Whoopdey doo.
Same.

Same here, enough basketball support after several decades. Football deserves another season but suspect results may be similar to BB.

Pretty much share the opinions expressed in this thread. I will say, though, that $700 for season tickets here is lower than I would have expected. Looks like it will be a nice little section for someone. Too bad they've handled it with typical ineptitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT