ADVERTISEMENT

MLAX v #3 UVA Saturday Brickhouse

Spiders jumped out to a 2–0 lead, but three goals in the final 2 minutes of the quarter give UVA a 5–3 lead.

7–5 Hoos at the half. Spiders were holding the ball for a final shot but couldn't get one off and turned it over with just a few seconds left.

Spiders battling hard, but haven't yet been able to get over the hump. 9–8 UVA midway through the third. Young has 3 goals.

Bleh, UVA asserting themselves in the fourth...up 14–10 with only a couple minutes left.

Gave it our all and lot better than last year, but Hoos showed why they are one of the best programs year in and year out. Great crowd.

If coach stays, we're going to start winning these games. When you consider Maryland, for example, has played lacrosse for 100 years we've made up a lot of ground in 11 years.

Reactions: spider fan
We’ve been good since day one. So in that respect, I don’t feel like we’ve made THAT much progress. After 11 years, I’m really ready to see us take the next step into the elite level.

Really like Chemotti and love the type of schedule we play, but we need to break through and start winning some of these. We’ve been so close for so long.

We've been good with good players. We need elite players to move up. UVA's defense averaged 6'6" 215lbs and they have 6 or 7 guys, including the number one prospect, that can score. Pretty stout. I'd like to see us get there too. We need to break thru and win a NCAA tourney game and maybe we can pick up some of those guys. We've got several more chances this season maybe we can get a couple of them.

Starsia spent 24 years as UVA head lacrosse coach leaving in 2016. Cormier enrolled in summer of 2018 with first lacrosse season in 2019 that ended with a medical redshirt for him and now is in 5th UVA season. No doubt Starsia is one of the best lacrosse minds and teachers in the country and now racking up awards as coach of the Blue Ridge Barons. Very fortunate to have him on our broadcast team.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT