ADVERTISEMENT

MLAX Rankings/Polls 2023

We were picked first in the A10 polls... Interesting, considering that St. Joe's is ahead of us in all the national polls.

Reactions: urfan1
A-10 games are the key for us. Hopefully we can generate more offense starting today against Bucknell..................

Offense came alive. Easier to score than against preseason 2nd team All American Maryland goalie Logan McNaney, who unfortunately tore his ACL in Terps' second game and is now out for the season. Great to see Richmond spreading the goals.

Bucknell got a final goal with under a second remaining in the game, but the good guys still breezed to an 18–5 win.

Reactions: urfan1 and whampas
Had to be a fun day for the team - certainly fun to watch! Great to have Derrek Madonna , Grad Student who played for Hobart - now a Spider along with his brother Lance.................Good confidence restoring game!

Major Movement in Nike/USA Lacrosse Division I Men's Top 20 | USA Lacrosse Magazine

Men's Division I Lacrosse 2023 Polls; Coaches Poll; Media Poll; USILA Poll; College Polls | Inside Lacrosse

Last edited:
The 2 losses were lopsided this year so far, but at least they were both the #1 team in the country at the time of playing them. No shame in that...but I do think this year is a bit of a reload/rebuild situation.

Reactions: whampas
Only that one computer ranking likes us, unfortunately.

No votes in the media and Nike/USILA polls and ranked #35 in the RPI.

Spiders have moved up to 28th in the RPI. Obviously not anywhere near good enough to be in the at-large discussion. Hobart isn't a pushover on the road but we've got a solid shot against them, and then we should roll at home against Bona, so 4–1 in conference is definitely doable.

UMass remains the highest rated A-10 team, but they're not in the at-large mix either at #22 and of course the Spiders beat them. Shellacking a bad Bona team this weekend didn't help them. They finish at Joe's and hosting Hobart, so could also get to 4–1 but it won't be easy.

Joe's at #32 is of course atop the league standings at 3–0 and they hold the H2H tiebreaker over us. Clearest path to #1 seed for us if they lose to both UMass and at High Point, which isn't out of the question. Losing to UMass and beating High Point leaves a potential 3-way tie at 4–1 among us, UMass, and Joe's. I'm too lazy to figure out what happens with the seeds if those are tied and 1–1 against the group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT