Fairfield 1pm Sunday

2023 DI Men’s Lacrosse Schedule – Lacrosse Bucket

Fairfield 2023 game summaries

YTD STATS:

3 to watch:
McKenna is built like a TE

Last edited:
Observation:

We are seemingly a 1/2 step slower than last year and we.surely miss Lanchbury’s quick eye-hand coordination particularly down around the opposing goal.Our breakaways don’t have the same depth of penetration into opposing field.We seem to be playing an overly deliberate offense.
UR Goalie Zach Vigue came up big in 4th Q and the defense stifled Stags at opportune times including 0-6 on man advantage.

Last edited:
Yes a lot of the credit for the win over the Stags belongs to Vigue. Fortunate to pick up a win as Stags goalie Snyder played well.

Reactions: urfan1
The Hoos are certainly getting their revenge...16–4 at halftime.

25-8 UVA. That's got to be the most goals allowed by a Spider team. Not a good day for Spider sports. The least likely winner(baseball) won. Everyone else lost.

Virginia has a powerful lacrosse team. At least we scored 8..................

“…No. 1 Virginia 25, Richmond 8
The Cavaliers reached 25 goals for the second time this season, and they’ve scored at least 27 goals in all four games this year.
Xander Dickson had six goals on seven shots and added four groundballs. Payton Cormier (3G, 3A), Patrick McIntosh (3G, 2A), Thomas McConvey (3G, 1A) and Connor Shellenberger (1G, 3A) had multiple points.

Petey LaSalla went 19-for-26.

“We know how good Richmond is. They showed us up-close and personal a year ago. What I'm really happy with is the unselfishness. First of all, Petey LaSalla winning faceoffs [going] backwards. Petey always wants to go forward because he wants to score. He's got six goals in the first three games, but the way the faceoff men of Richmond were countering him, it allowed Petey to go backwards, and then he hit Noah Chizmar or Grayson Sallade, and they were the ones who scored the points. So for Petey to sacrifice that is a major step forward for a guy who loves scoring goals and loves getting his points. But that was just one of the key examples for me of what we saw again tonight. Really unselfish passing, but those other plays where it's ‘I don't have to be stubborn; I don't have to score a goal’ mindset that we have this year,” said coach Lars Tiffany...”

Wasn't able to watch the game, but looks like it wasn't in doubt as the Spiders pretty consistently pulled away. But Mercer looks pretty bad. They were a decent conference foe for a few years there but haven't been as good the past few.

Lance Madonna led the way with 4 goals. Ninth straight win over Mercer. Next up we play Georgetown on Saturday, who is 1-3, was highly rated preseason, and has lost close games to good teams. Last game beat 6th ranked Princeton. Will be a tough matchup.

Holding our own early going 2-2 midway in the first against Hoyas..................

Sure feels like late-game collapses against solid teams happen really often for the Spiders. Has been that way for years. I don't know if it's something we're not doing right or if the "better" team just ratchets up the pressure late and we can't match it.

Sure feels like late-game collapses against solid teams happen really often for the Spiders. Has been that way for years. I don't know if it's something we're not doing right or if the "better" team just ratchets up the pressure late and we can't match it.

Relative lack of depth for many UR sports.Will usually tip balance in 4Q and/or late stages of games.

I just dont think some of our players are playing up to the caliber they need to. They’re
also young. Our goalie is not up to the level of some of our past. I do think our fogo is
doing a decent job. But I think our defense is poor.

Uh, guys?

Spiders trailing winless St. John's 6–2 at the half despite winning every face-off. Don't have ESPN3 to be able to watch, so not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's obviously not good. Winning the face-offs, basically even in shots, winning ground balls, but somehow we're not finding the back of the net.

Watching on ESPN3 .....our offense has been stymied ...we are having a really tough time getting good looks and their goalie has been playing well. The announcers think the weather is favoring SJU because 44 degrees and windy and announcers thinking SJU is better acclimated to the weather than Richmond - maybe some validity but the weather is the same for both teams obviously. Hopefully we come out more fired up in second half. Even when we have had breakaways on faceoffs SJU has done a good job of getting back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT