ADVERTISEMENT

LAX or No LAX -That is the question

Sounds like Ivy is delaying start of spring sports until March.

Faceoffs are the most problematic dimension of Lacrosse and Covid. Of interest how that will be handled.

For exercise I walk around the Naval Academy Stadium. The other day, four obvious Navy lacrosse players had just finished practiced and were standing just out side the stadium.
I was wearing a Richmond hoodie, and not knowing if they are even on our schedule this year I thought I’d
have some fun and walked over to them, stuck out my chest with Richmond on it and said, “we’re going to beat you guys.”
Middies are just young students and usually have a pretty good sense of humor and will give back as quick as you give it, Not this afternoon. All 4 of them looked at me with very serious faces, and one said, “we don’t know if we’ll even be
playing this spring.”
It made me feel very sad. They are just young guys that want to play the sport they love, but can’t.
This virus just hurts all of us, in one form or another.

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
Anna, I laughed out loud at that. One of the crews that does New Years came out with the four balloons (2020) popped the second zero and then brought out the one -- said Man that felt good. I laughed

Reactions: AnnapSpider
I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I have a friend who’s son plays for Bellarmine. They have their hopes up
for the kids, as we do.

What We Know (and What We Don’t) About the 2021 NCAA Lacrosse Season | US Lacrosse Magazine https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colle...t-we-don’t-about-the-2021-ncaa-lacrosse-season

“SOUTHERN CONFERENCE (M)
Conference: Single round robin like previous years. “We’ll be ready to adapt if needed,” Richmond coach Dan Chemotti said. “Hopefully this plan stays.”

Non-conference: Up to individual institution’s discretion.
Conference tournament: Top four teams expected to play at Richmond on May 6-8. “

ATLANTIC 10 (W)
Conference: Split into pods that will play each other twice home and away for a total of eight games beginning March 28 with two games apiece on long weekends for all but one single-game weekend.

Northern pod: Duquesne, LaSalle, St. Bonaventure, Saint Joseph’s, UMass.

Southern pod: Richmond, George Mason, Virginia Commonwealth, Davidson, George Washington.

Non-conference: Up to the discretion of individual institutions to schedule games beginning Feb. 13.

Conference tournament: Four teams total (down from the usual six) April 30-May 2. Top two teams from each pod automatically, then the next two best teams from either pod.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT