ADVERTISEMENT

Just sayin'

My point was Mark Warner is a moderate/centrist candidate with a long history of successful business experience and governance experience that would get beaten in certain house races because of gerrymandering to someone with zero track record who is going to throw on some bombastic statements and know they can get elected because it leans so far to left or right. Both sides gerrymander though to both their own detriment in my opinion and certainly to the detriment of the voter. Moderate Rep. get beat as well by this same process by flame throwing lefties (well actually, they are now just get primaried by their own party more often than not).

And Pike you illustrated why the left and right can't reach consensus much less even have a coherent conversation by misinterpreting what I said and they throwing out a bunch of harsh labels about the "left". Which is fine, its a message board, it probably made you feel good but basically shuts down the conversation. That gets us nowhere.

honestly, we did not have as much bickering and debate when the dems ran both the house and the senate for about 50 years. all of this started when the republicans began winning some elections and majorities and thus some power. probably the only way not to have what we have is for one party to dominate and run things their way and not have to worry about bipartisanship. we only have this because we have two strong parties not just one in control. would suggest that a lot of what is going on in our country is legislation and other ways of buying voters and keeping them there to ensure elections.

97 - you are probably right. The bickering is ridiculous and everyone wants to be on the news or in the spotlight. I've always thought and still do that just about everyone agrees on just about everything. We may not agree on the best way to get there, but we usually want the same things. I think everyone, fueled by the 24x7 media in my opinion (both sides), focuses on the differences instead of the overwhelming similarities. It's really kind of pathetic.

I think you make a very good point here and I like Fox News a lot as well. No other network has stayed on Benghazi to try to get to the truth.

I have seen Fox News on in the Center though. I am a member, come more in winter than summer, but during my last visit several weeks ago Fox was on one of the TV's. A mistake?

Past couple of weeks FNC has ben added to the lineup in the large TVs on the front wall. When not on, they've been accomodating of my request. I appreciate their change of tune. McSpider67, if you're in the gym on Tuesday or Thursday mornings around 7:30 and see a tall gray haired fat guy (usually with his wife) on the front row eliptical machines, please introduce yourself.

Thanks Pike. And yes, I think by and large most people do agree on a lot of things. Those on the fringe of either side seem to squawk the loudest and in turn get the most attention.

And to be sure, it is very carthartic to throw out the standard insults at the left or right. We all know people on both sides of the political spectrum and know that most of those people whether they be left wingers or right wingers are generally good solid citizens who are nothing like the characterizations made by the other side.

And in addition to the 24x7 media fueling things, the internet/social media also fuels this divide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT