ADVERTISEMENT

JMU to a bowl game?

Gallipoli

Graduate Assistant
Aug 20, 2017
The Doghouse
JMU has gone 10-0, yet the NCAA has refused to allow them to play in the post season. There is a mandatory 2 year waiting period. JMU has requested a waiver several times. The NCAA has denied every request. The travesty is that they could go undefeated this season and still be denied.

Last edited:
College Game Day is visiting Harrisonburg tomorrow. On ESPN, there will be a non-stop discussion in favor of bowl participation by JMU. The last time ESPN visited Harrisonburg, our Spiders humiliated the Dukes.All the pressure will be on JMU tomorrow.

JMU knew the rule when it transitioned. Stupid rule or not, why should the NCAA make an exception now when it didn't for Georgia State when it transitioned to FBS, or North Dakota State or St. Thomas when they transitioned to FCS?
They shouldn't but it's a stupid rule.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Apparently, they had someone named Pat Macafee there in front of 5,000 fans. All they did was rail on the NCAA for 3 hours. There was a lot of Marijuana and alcohol flowing.

Last edited:
If you're good enough, you should play, period. Who wants to see one 6-6 team play another 6-6 team? Same for Liberty. The NCAA seems to have had no problem with making exceptions in the past for the Power schools. The NCAA is a sham of an organization.

JMU is good and this particular rule is bad. But 10 times worse is all this litigation or threat of litigation for anything. Harbaugh, player eligibility, team eligibility u name it.

Everyone is for rules and enforcement until they have to eat it.

The hypocrisy is thicker w JMU given they helped lead charge against us for leaving CAA.

They will likely play in a bowl anyway, albeit a much lesser bowl, given there won’t be enough teams qualified.

The NCAA is ridiculous and always seems to prove their power in the dumbest ways. All this does is push the power 4 away and give justification to separate. The NCAA may literally die on this hill.

Let's not forget that JMU beat UVA by a single point. If they played in any significant bowl game, they would get embarrassed.

Reactions: mr.spider
Our tax dollars well spent, he will hire an outside firm.

I'm not arguing for the rule but its purpose is to protect the lower level, like FCS. JMU didn't think a similar rule was so bad when we left the CAA for the A-10.
This x1000. I’d feel much more strongly about JMUs case if they didn’t spend the better part of two decades banning schools leaving the CAA from the postseason then crying about it when it was their turn. Especially since Borne (their AD) was there for everyone of those decisions. Hypocrisy at its finest.

The amount of crying by them being held to the same standards as everyone else is 100% on par with their obnoxious fan base.

Apparently the fans are saying that they applied for a waiver if certain requirements were met, but the NCAA turned them down. That is their argument when anyone throws "you knew the rules" in their face.

Apparently the fans are saying that they applied for a waiver if certain requirements were met, but the NCAA turned them down. That is their argument when anyone throws "you knew the rules" in their face.
Who makes up the NCAA? The member universities who voted to institute this rule. Including JMU.

JMU: "Protect us from ourselves!"

Bunch of fools over there. If the AG weren't a JMU grad, he wouldn't have stuck his nose in this either.
I also loved seeing Stoney getting dunked on for his JMU pandering as well. The bandwagon part of the JMU FB is quickly becoming as insufferable as VCU after their f4 run. Rooting for every 5-6 team to win this week. If that fails, I hope JMU draws Liberty in the Boise bowl, those two fan bases deserve each other.

Last edited:
Apparently the JMU fanbase now hates its president for not going through with the lawsuit. And their AD is retiring this year after being there forever, and Cignetti probably will get poached by a bigger program, along with Byington on the basketball side. Don't blink, Dukes.

I also loved seeing Stoney getting dunked on for his JMU pandering as well. The bandwagon part of the JMU FB is quickly becoming as insufferable after VCUs f4 run. Rooting for every 5-6 team to win this week. If that fails, I hope JMU draws Liberty in the Boise bowl, those two fan bases deserve each other.
Hey, that would be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT