ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting analysis of transfers and committment patterns from SI

Under SI's counting, he did attend four, because his Sharyland stints were separate:

Frosh: Sharyland
Soph: Blair
Junior: Sharyland
Senior: Ferry

a lot of the high school transferring is due to aau, coaches, academy recruiting and academics.

The article specified Top 100 recruits, how many of those do we have? Not sure you can correlate to the non-Top 100 recruits. It's interesting, but of limited applicability to our program.

they studied top 100 but I believe the trend would be similar at our level, too. no reason not to think that.

the only in here that surprised me was that the transfer rate for student athletes was equivalent to the transfer rates for non-athlete students.

I think we've had an uptick in transfers recently, but don't see it as a trend, and certainly don't see it as a big negative. No one has transferred that I thought was a real loss except ANO this year, and he was a fifth year guy anyway.

I believe the Top 100 recruits would have greater expectations of playing time and other related benefits, and when they don't get what they think they deserve, would probably be more likely to transfer than the non Top 100 recruits. I think the sense of entitlement of the Top 100 is greater than everyone else's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT