ADVERTISEMENT

Impact Transfer

Tbone, that pretty much was the context, as it was Buck's dismissal that prompted the interview with Miller.

However, Andrew has been harping on the lack of accountability at UR since before Buck's dismissal. You just knew he was going to drop the "A" word at some point in the interview. I may be projecting, but it has seemed that Andrew's wanted to ask the questions about UR's inaction - when 98% of the other top programs would have made a change at this point in the cycle - and whether that inaction is at all due to the buyout.

Tbone, that pretty much was the context, as it was Buck's dismissal that prompted the interview with Miller.

However, Andrew has been harping on the lack of accountability at UR since before Buck's dismissal. You just knew he was going to drop the "A" word at some point in the interview. I may be projecting, but it has seemed that Andrew's wanted to ask the questions about UR's inaction - when 98% of the other top programs would have made a change at this point in the cycle - and whether that inaction is at all due to the buyout.
Interesting I suppose. I think if Andrew’s trying to get JM to profess that CM owns the failures, JM’s more likely to sit commando on a fireant nest. JM made the hire and I’m sure doesn’t want to shine any light on the albatross of a contract he negotiated.

Plus I think JM May still be a special assistant to UR, right? Guessing he isn’t going to undermine anyone, coaches or admin.

I’m glad that someone is asking the questions.

Reactions: KWeaver
Interesting I suppose. I think if Andrew’s trying to get JM to profess that CM owns the failures, JM’s more likely to sit commando on a fireant nest. JM made the hire and I’m sure doesn’t want to shine any light on the albatross of a contract he negotiated.

Plus I think JM May still be a special assistant to UR, right? Guessing he isn’t going to undermine anyone, coaches or admin.

I’m glad that someone is asking the questions.

Bingo. I don't think there's any way 950 is going to let Andrew ask the albatross question, especially when he's sharing the studio with Bob Black.

Commando on a fireant nest (thanks for the imagery) - might be appropriate penance for the contract.

Reactions: KWeaver
good change. never understood why you needed a school's permission.
the article's mention of a school possibly being able to cut or cancel aid once you decide to transfer is concerning though.

Reactions: regatw
It seems to me that as soon as schools realize the expense to re-recruit a player
to fill a void, the AD's and Presidents are going to start screaming.
I understand the fairness for the student athlete, but there does seem to be
an unfairness to the school.
That's my two cents.

It seems to me that as soon as schools realize the expense to re-recruit a player
to fill a void, the AD's and Presidents are going to start screaming.
I understand the fairness for the student athlete, but there does seem to be
an unfairness to the school.
That's my two cents.
I expect that the clearinghouse will make it far easier for coaches to know who is available and simplify some recruiting obligations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT