ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Arizona State

97spiderfan

Spider's Club
Feb 2, 2005
Bobby that is. I guess when he signed that extension at Buffalo, oh about 2 weeks ago, he must have had his fingers crossed.

Herb Sendek signed his extension with ASU 3 months ago and we all saw what happened to him. Loyalty goes in both directions.

Doesn't seem to fit on the surface. I wouldn't think he will be there long. Never know.

Hmmm...let me think about that...Hurley moves from Buffalo to a new home on a golf course in Scottsdale...coaches in the PAC 12 in one of the top 5-6 largest metro areas in the nation...I think he stays longer in the Valley than you think...LOL

Ha AZ!! Hard to picture uptight and high strung New Jersey boy Hurley out in the retirement home capital of Tempe. :)

Good luck to Bobby. As a NJ guy wish him well.. Believe he is over his head only time will tell.

seems that airzona, which is a top 10 program now, was nothing before lute olson moved there from iowa. maybe hurley can do the same for the devils, stranger things have happened. if you are in a power 5 conf and you make the right hire, you can go to the moon. will be interesting to see how he does.

With the Hurley coaching pedigree, Bobby's achievements as a player, AND the fact that he coached Buffalo (of all places) into the NCAA tournament, all signs point to continued success at Arizona State.

whoops meant to start new thread

This post was edited on 4/10 10:53 AM by UR Fan 2

I have little doubt Hurley will succeed at ASU, just thought it seemed out of place for his personality and background. Great get for PAC 12.

sean miller is a PA guy, a gritty, fiery, point guard who is out in the desert, a similar type guy and he is doing well. does not meant hurley will do the same but he has a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT