ADVERTISEMENT

How we feeling?

Of course it will. The Big 10 was one of the major disappointments of the 2021 tournament when they got 9 bids and only went 8–9.

So what did the committee do this year? Rewarded them with 9 bids again and they went 9–9.
Exactly. Surely can’t happen a third time!

Of course it will. The Big 10 was one of the major disappointments of the 2021 tournament when they got 9 bids and only went 8–9.

So what did the committee do this year? Rewarded them with 9 bids again and they went 9–9.
So they are getting better?

Not only 8-9 and 9-9, but they got a ton of high seeds, and lost to numerous lower seeded teams. The love for them is a joke, and it's because they work the stupid computers. Ridiculous that the committee doesn't care enough to look past that.

In 2021, they had 9 bids, 2 one seeds, 2 two seeds, and a 4. So, on paper that should be 5 sweet 16 teams. They had 1. 1!!!!

2 seed Iowa lost to 7 seed Oregon by 15.
4 seed Purdue lost in the 1st round to 13 seed North Texas by 9.
2 seed Ohio St lost in the 1st round to 15 seed Oral Roberts.
1 seed Illinois lost o 8 seed Loyola by 13.
And, after already giving them 8 bids, the committee puts Mich St. in the play in??? So, 8 bids wasn't enough? They have to put a 9th in there? Of course, Mich St lost, but who cares. right? It's the Big Ten and it's ratings. right?

In 2022, they again had 9 bids. Seriously, committee? 9? After last year? 9? They got 2 three seeds, 1 four, 1 five, 2 sevens, and 3 elevens. So, they give them 6 teams in the top 7 seeds. 0 made the final 8. And, just like last year, 7 or even 8 bids wasn't enough, so they put not 1, but 2 Big Ten teams in the play in games. What a joke.

Indiana lost by 29 to St. Mary's.
3 seed Purdue lost to St. Peter's.
4 seed Illinois lost to Houston by 15 after beating 13 seed Chattanooga by 1 in the 1st round.
3 seed Wisconsin lost to 11 seed Iowa St. in the 2nd round.
5 SEED IOWA LOST TO 12 SEED RICHMOND in the 1st round.

It's unreal. Their high seeded teams are always over seeded, and their lower seeded teams shouldn't even be in the tourney. The committee is too lazy to watch the games. If they did, they would see the Big Ten is a joke. All they do is look at computers.

Not only 8-9 and 9-9, but they got a ton of high seeds, and lost to numerous lower seeded teams. The love for them is a joke, and it's because they work the stupid computers. Ridiculous that the committee doesn't care enough to look past that.

In 2021, they had 9 bids, 2 one seeds, 2 two seeds, and a 4. So, on paper that should be 5 sweet 16 teams. They had 1. 1!!!!

And, after already giving them 8 bids, the committee puts Mich St. in the play in??? So, 8 bids wasn't enough? They have to put a 9th in there? Of course, Mich St lost, but who cares. right? It's the Big Ten and it's ratings. right?

In 2022, they again had 9 bids. Seriously, committee? 9? After last year? 9? They got 2 three seeds, 1 four, 1 five, 2 sevens, and 3 elevens. So, they give them 6 teams in the top 7 seeds. 0 made the final 8. And, just like last year, 7 or even 8 bids wasn't enough, so they put not 1, but 2 Big Ten teams in the play in games. What a joke.

4 seed Illinois lost to Houston by 15 after beating 13 seed Chattanooga by 1 in the 1st round.

It's unreal. Their high seeded teams are always over seeded, and their lower seeded teams shouldn't even be in the tourney. The committee is too lazy to watch the games. If they did, they would see the Big Ten is a joke. All they do is look at computers.
You should seriously send this post to our AD and A10 commissioner and see what they are doing to educate the committee.
I really think Dayton, SBU and VCU had the potential to win a tourney game or two, but they were squeezed by this incredibly ridiculous bias.

It's the power of the names on the front of the jerseys and the TV deals that make them all household names. There you have it. They can all play a bunch of OOC buy games, jack up their records without ever leaving their home courts, then beat each other up during the regular season and be rewarded for it. Rinse and repeat. This will go on forever, sadly.

The committee is not officially allowed to look at previous years' outcomes when determining the current year's bracket, but you would hope at some point the individual members recall the recent history.

Let's also not forget that these big schools have big alumni and fan bases, and ultimately the NCAA is in this to make money, too. If the decision comes down to placing Michigan State or St. Bonaventure in as an 11-seed in Albuquerque, who is more likely to bring (or already have) a bunch of fans there?

It's the power of the names on the front of the jerseys and the TV deals that make them all household names. There you have it. They can all play a bunch of OOC buy games, jack up their records without ever leaving their home courts, then beat each other up during the regular season and be rewarded for it. Rinse and repeat. This will go on forever, sadly.

The committee is not officially allowed to look at previous years' outcomes when determining the current year's bracket, but you would hope at some point the individual members recall the recent history.

Let's also not forget that these big schools have big alumni and fan bases, and ultimately the NCAA is in this to make money, too. If the decision comes down to placing Michigan State or St. Bonaventure in as an 11-seed in Albuquerque, who is more likely to bring (or already have) a bunch of fans there?
Good post and agree with all you said, but I don’t think we should just give up. There’s a few in the national media that noticed the lunacy of the Big10 having so many seeds and not performing again.
Who’s going to organize the petition and send to the commissioners of each conference? I’m sure Hardt would help support our most noble goal.

If the decision comes down to placing Michigan State or St. Bonaventure in as an 11-seed in Albuquerque, who is more likely to bring (or already have) a bunch of fans there?
shouldn't even be a consideration and I don't think it is. when's the last time an NCAA tournament game wasn't sold out? those tickets are all bought like a year before the schedule is set.

shouldn't even be a consideration and I don't think it is. when's the last time an NCAA tournament game wasn't sold out? those tickets are all bought like a year before the schedule is set.
There were plenty of tickets available this year, and I suspect that problem will only continue to grow, as it has for all sports in recent years. Also, tickets sold doesn't equal people who actually show up, and a person who shows up is worth more than someone who doesn't (concessions, etc.).

It’s absolutely outrageous that the big ten is predicted to get 10 seeds once again. Outrageous, offensive and just wrong.

Makes me more upset than this horrible season.

I think the committee was exposed last year with how many selections they have the Big10. An absolute joke that I don’t think will be repeated.
Now its the traditional basketball powerhouse league the Big12 that is the new beneficiary of 70% of the league getting bids because … WTF knows.

2022 National Champions: Kansas
2021 National Champions: Baylor
2019 National Runner-Up: Texas Tech

Unlike the Big 10, they're at least backing it up.
Now, how did the bottom 3-4 teams that wrangled invites do?

No one questions that the top teams in the Big 12, or any P5 league, are good. It when that power trickles down to the 7-8-9 teams also getting bids. If you're a mid-level P5 team, you have five or six mulligans to play your way out of the tournament. If you're the #2 team in a mid- or low-major, you get no mulligans.

It's like SEC football. Yes, Georgia and Alabama are great. That doesn't mean Arkansas, Ole Miss and Missouri are too.

Reactions: urfan1
Now, how did the bottom 3-4 teams that wrangled invites do?

No one questions that the tip teams in the Big 12, or any P5 league, are good. It when that power trickles down to the 7-8-9 teams also getting bids.

It's like SEC football. Yes, Georgia and Alabama are great. That doesn't mean Arkansas, Ole Miss and Missouri are too.
Well, they can't all reach the finals.
The Big 12 went 13-5 in the tournament last year, and 11-6 the year before.

The Big 10 went 9-9 and 8-9.

It’s absolutely outrageous that the big ten is predicted to get 10 seeds once again. Outrageous, offensive and just wrong.

10 would be a joke I agree. Hopefully the Rutgers Michigan game is an elimination game. Also Penn St is playing well right now but I’d think they have to win that first one too.

my thought for years, finish in top half league, win the auto, or go home.

But if a bunch of big name teams all lose to each other a bunch, that must mean they’re all good right?

If the same “lose to each other and it doesn’t matter” logic applied to the A10, we’d be a 6 bid league

Reactions: urfan1
10 would be a joke I agree. Hopefully the Rutgers Michigan game is an elimination game. Also Penn St is playing well right now but I’d think they have to win that first one too.
Yes, Rutgers-Michigan should be elimination. Wisconsin is even worse, still on the bubble, despite finishing 12 in the Big 10, with a sub .500 record, 17-13 overall.

You know I'm a Penn State fan, they had a couple really big wins to close the season. If they lose to Illinois, they will be right on the last four in, first four out line.

Well, they can't all reach the finals.
The Big 12 went 13-5 in the tournament last year, and 11-6 the year before.

The Big 10 went 9-9 and 8-9.
Kansas went 6-0. The rest of the Big 12 went 7-5. The year before Baylor went 6-0 and the rest of the league was 5-6. Certainly nothing special.

Like I said, no one questions the top 3-4 teams in a P5 league. It's the bonus bids given to 6-7-8-9 that are questionable, but those extra 3-4 units every year, year after year, translate to even more money for the rich.

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
Michigan should be out. 17-15. Like all new coaches who replace Beilein, Juwan Howard did well early on (bc JB leaves the cupboard full) and then declines. He slaps another coach in the handshake line, he yells while opposing team players shoots FTs, but for some reason I always hear he's well regarded. Can someone explain to me the Juwan Howard love?

Michigan should be out. 17-15. Like all new coaches who replace Beilein, Juwan Howard did well early on (bc JB leaves the cupboard full) and then declines. He slaps another coach in the handshake line, he yells while opposing team players shoots FTs, but for some reason I always hear he's well regarded. Can someone explain to me the Juwan Howard love?
He has been an angry man since he was 18.

Well at least B10 got only 8. Still think Iowa and IU in particular got overseeded. Yet meanwhile some ppl r bitching about Utah St. at 10. Think Seth Davis did right during the selection show. They have a Net of 18 but I guess that only favors major conf teams. But Vegas knew they r favored to beat Mizzou as the 10 seed.

Ped State is actually playing the best out of the B10 right now

Last edited:
Well at least B10 got only 8. Still think Iowa and IU in particular got overseeded. Yet meanwhile some ppl r bitching about Utah St. at 10. Think Seth Davis did right during the selection show. They have a Net of 18 but I guess that only favors major conf teams. But Vegas knew they r favored to beat Mizzou as the 10 seed.
Rutgers would have beaten Pitt, that was one my one quabble with the selection. But 3 of the 4 final at larges went to middling BCS teams anyway, so very little mid major love. And then look at who they left out, all BCS teams as well.

Rutgers would have beaten Pitt, that was one my one quabble with the selection. But 3 of the 4 final at larges went to middling BCS teams anyway, so very little mid major love. And then look at who they left out, all BCS teams as well.
what mid team do you feel unjustly got left out?

idk Pitt struggled early but found their footing. They were on bubble but if knocking out an ACC team I'd have personally gone NC State. Think Clemson even had a case over NC State. Also I think they felt obligated to put in 4 from Pac 12 even tho 3 would have been perfectly fair. While they say they don't give bids to leagues & only teams I feel that comes into play. AZ State could have been bounced too. but they felt better giving Pac 12 a 4th. Zero bid stealers helped them all.

Rutgers apparently had injuries in play, I'm not sure exactly what but it was brought up by Committee chair like it cost them. I will say I'm not a fan of that. U should be picked based on your resume. Injuries or not that's what u produced. For the Committee to project like that I don't think should be part of their responsibility. If a guy gets injured late u have no idea how a team adjusts.

VCU would have been FIRST OUT if they lost is my theory. I think they had case to sneak in as at large but if they didn't they were getting first out. Just because of what u referenced. They love to put a mid as first out and couldn't here. VCU would have satisfied that urge.

idk Pitt struggled early but found their footing. They were on bubble but if knocking out an ACC team I'd have personally gone NC State. Think Clemson even had a case over NC State. Also I think they felt obligated to put in 4 from Pac 12 even tho 3 would have been perfectly fair. While they say they don't give bids to leagues & only teams I feel that comes into play. AZ State could have been bounced too. but they felt better giving Pac 12 a 4th. Zero bid stealers helped them all.

Rutgers apparently had injuries in play, I'm not sure exactly what but it was brought up by Committee chair like it cost them. I will say I'm not a fan of that. U should be picked based on your resume. Injuries or not that's what u produced. For the Committee to project like that I don't think should be part of their responsibility. If a guy gets injured late u have no idea how a team adjusts.

VCU would have been FIRST OUT if they lost is my theory. I think they had case to sneak in as at large but if they didn't they were getting first out. Just because of what u referenced. They love to put a mid as first out and couldn't here. VCU would have satisfied that urge.
Clemson have beaten NC State, 3 times including destroying them in the A-10 tournament sure had to burn Clemson fans.

Reactions: SpiderK and GKiller
Clemson have beaten NC State, 3 times including destroying them in the A-10 tournament sure had to burn Clemson fans.
Yeah - to me head to head has to mattter - guess the committee has a different opinion- in the last 3 weeks, Clemson beat State by 26 and 25 points ..

To bad our disappointing season made their Dec drilling of us meaningless.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT