ADVERTISEMENT

Hallock reception

Although disagree with her on many issues, Justice Kagan displays what you want in a Justice even when you disagree. Well reasoned. Consistent. Brilliant. A bright light for the Left on a conservative court. Sotomayor does not display this and Jackson is too new to judge.

And Brown Jackson ? POTUS stated he would only appoint a black woman, disregarding all other races and gender. AA at it’s worse, eliminating those that are potentially more qualified.
Like Trump giving his choices to the Federalists Society?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallipoli
In a multicultural democracy, believe it is corrosive to assume your interests can only be represented/protected by someone of your race and gender, but we appear to be here. We seem to pass out judicial appointments almost on a proportional basis rather than on merit. I get the "shared experience" argument, but it is over hyped in my view.

Reactions: Gallipoli
You guys and your Hunter Biden obsession. I've never voted for him in the past. I won't vote for him in the future. Wake me up the next time he has one iota to do with determining or helping to make public policy.

Can't make this up: “For high risk Black newborns, having a Black physician more than doubles the likelihood that the baby will live, and not die,” Supreme Court Justice Jackson wrote in her dissent for a case that determined the fate of affirmative action policies in college admission practices. Fits into the strategy of repeating a false talking point so often that some naive persons will believe it.

Last edited:
Can't make this up: “For high risk Black newborns, having a Black physician more than doubles the likelihood that the baby will live, and not die,” Supreme Court Justice Jackson wrote in her dissent for a case that determined the fate of affirmative action policies in college admission practices. Fits into the strategy of repeating a false talking point so often that some naive persons will believe it.
The left places activists in the judiciary. They twist facts and the law to support their narrative. This is a very good example.

Reactions: spider fan
You guys and your Hunter Biden obsession. I've never voted for him in the past. I won't vote for him in the future. Wake me up the next time he has one iota to do with determining or helping to make public policy.
The cocaine recently found in the White House, shortly after Hunter attended a state dinner there, was likely the lost property of Hunter "save 10% for the big guy, while I sleep with the widow of my deceased brother" Biden.

Oh, you mean like Republican party members, 60 percent of whom think the election was stolen? They must be pretty naive or something to believe the lies of Trump and his disciples.

The left places activists in the judiciary. They twist facts and the law to support their narrative. This is a very good example.
Yeah, the activist lefty judges who changed 50 years of law by overturning Roe v Wade, voting rights in Holder v Shelby, and who declared corporations were people in Citizen's United. Those activists?

A different perspective - the 1973 Roe v Wade decision upended the understood Federal position toward abortion in place for nearly two centuries. Nine dudes, one black, one from Richmond, discovered a new right in the text of the Constitution that had eluded scores of previous Justices for decades. Hard to argue that was not judicial activism.

For the record, I am not an absolutist on this issue. Early stage abortions should be allowed IMO, but there is ZERO in the Constitution that even comes close to addressing the issue so it is a state issue until Congress passes Federal legislation.

Roe was the epitome of judicial activism.

Reactions: spider fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT