ADVERTISEMENT

Guard play

and as said here ad nauseum, if you're running a system that takes minimum 2 years to learn in today's college basketball environment, you're a dinosaur. The portal means guys have to be able to come in and play - and play effectively in a system - immediately.

EDIT to add: my analogy for this is like when Duke pretended for a couple years it wouldn't take 1-and-done guys, then saw they would be dusted if they did that, so they quietly went ahead and became one of its leading proponents. You have to accept the reality of modern college ball.
Print this and send it to Hardt. But put "Free Buffet this weekend at the Richmond regatta" on the envelope to make sure he'll actually read it.

We need help in the backcourt at both guard positions. No returning player had shown enough to have a significant amount of playing time secured next year. Trevor Smith there are a lot of minutes to play if you come in ready to seize an opportunity. The two guard spot is also wide open. Hoping our returning players will work hard to improve and additional shooting guards will be brought in to compete with Roche. We have to be better at both guard spots moving forward.

Roche’s minutes in the Peter Thomas era

23, 10, 10, 11, 3. I don’t understand that for an offensively challenged team to attach your best shooter to the bench. We never figured a way all season to get this guy good shots.
Wonder if he is in PT's doghouse but wasn't in Mooney's? Or, as someone else said, maybe on another thread, maybe he's got an injury that we don't know about that has been limiting him.

He struggled getting open looks during conference play. Some of that is on him, some due to teammates not helping him get open looks

He struggled getting open looks during conference play. Some of that is on him, some due to teammates not helping him get open looks
His point guard was too busy getting stuffed by 4 players at the rim instead of passing to Roche open on the wing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Roche’s minutes in the Peter Thomas era

23, 10, 10, 11, 3. I don’t understand that for an offensively challenged team to attach your best shooter to the bench. We never figured a way all season to get this guy good shots.
If you’re looking for logic in much of what our program does, don’t.

Reactions: SpiderK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT